• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Glenn Beck Speech Aug 28 2010

Adiuvo

I didn't bother to watch it, though from what I've heard of it the speech contains basically the same things he's been saying for the past year.

Seth

MD Party Room
Does anyone have a link or download to where I can view the thing I had to work and missed it. Wonder if he brought his board.

Dan

Contributor
ustream usually record the live streams, however they haven't with this one.

Joey

Despite the properties of evolution, rednecks have not yet learned to avoid people with skinny ties and a camera.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow, just wow.

Adiuvo

The woman at 1:00 has to have some mental issue. Talking points include "Ummm.... freedom!!! And America is becoming more.... communist!!! Yeah the things um... in the White House.... are... um crazy!" Bastion of Hope guy is crazy as well. Along with the woman in the chair with the white shirt and the one with the yellow shirt.

There are a lot of people that shine over the poorer parts of Glen Beck too. Least the guy in the yellow shirt didn't think he was some saint.

The main thing that can be gleamed from the video is that there are always people in every movement who are stupid and uneducated.

Chathurga

The main thing that can be gleamed from the video is that there are always people in every movement who are stupid and uneducated.

I thought it was that the Tea Party movement was composed almost entirely of people who are stupid and/or uneducated?

Adiuvo

I suppose if you feel generalizing an entire movement off of the actions of a few is fair, then yeah.

Chathurga

They oppose universal healthcare, that's very indicative of metal retardation.

Can you find a video where Tea Partiers aren't talking total shit? Fox News is feeding people complete shit and it shows.

[YT]pilG7PCV448[/YT]

ilyace

"We have the best healthcare in the world"

Hm I'm wondering right now what the person who can't afford the health care would say.

Adiuvo

They oppose universal healthcare, that's very indicative of metal retardation.

Can you find a video where Tea Partiers aren't talking total shit? Fox News is feeding people complete shit and it shows.

[YT]pilG7PCV448[/YT]

[video=youtube;y6xWGvdRQ9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q[/video]

The Tea Party is a multi-faceted group. Any one viewpoint can't apply to all of them as there are multiple schisms within the party, which the video demonstrates. What they do group under is the belief that America has too much governmental interference. A Tea Party member's opinion on the universal healthcare bill depends on the individual as there is no set rule as to what a Tea Party member can or cannot believe. I'm sure the majority of people in the Tea Party don't like the bill, granted. However, this does not mean that they're against the notion of universal healthcare itself. Catch phrases such as universal healthcare can be thrown around to garner support for either political side but universal healthcare is not a entity in of itself. People may dislike it's implementation, it's planning, it's financing, etc.. They don't necessarily have to be against the end goal. Of course, there are some who are of that mindset, but there is no data to determine whether or not the average Tea Party member is (or is not).

Fox News does sensationalize in a conservative way, as does MSNBC in a liberal fashion. It's not strictly a conservative issue; it's an American politics issue. Pundits influence the average voter too much.

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
I consider myself a member of the tea party. I'm not ashamed of it at all. I'm fiscally conservative, socially conservative, and I have Christian values. I believe in smaller federal government, more municipal power, and low taxes for everyone.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

gr34t3st

New Age Retro Hippie
Taxes have been lowered for the middle class. Sure, that's nice, but I'd rather see tax breaks continued for everyone. As far as social security, I'd look into privatizing social security to assure that the people working for their retirement, get a comfortable one.