• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Global warming fake?

PsXtreme

The chances that anything will happen in my lifetime are pretty slim so i really dont give a s**t. We have a better chance of getting hit by a medeior in 2012 then for global warming to effect us.

- PsXtreme

XsavioR

its obivous... Cars alone release some 14 billion metric tons of co2 a year....

Yes the world operates on a cycle , but that cycle didnt count on what we release. Its insanity to think that because the world operates on a cycle the changes , and magnitude of changes to come will be "normal"

The changes are now being understood more and more due to ice drilled from the poles. And what they show , is a period of rapid change, one day summer 110,,, one day winter -30. You could be surprised how quickly it changes.

But the reality is , human kinds survival rate is 0. which means in 200 years , we will all be dead. and since the timing of the cycles gap millions of years , we may never comprehend the cycles.

abel

Seeing the effects already in Canada, random 20 degree celsius days, when on the same day 10 years ago we had 5 feet of snow....

Sad fate, compunded by the sadder attitude that "its not gonna happen in my lifetime"....

Best of luck to another species on the other side of the galaxy...

One of my fav quotes for Arthur C Clarke book:

"All these planets are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landings there."

damn straight if we landed anywhere we would F**k it up for sure, at least at our current state of social thinking...

seann33uk

we have the technology out there to make things better, but stupid secret govement like A51 and USU won't let it out because it will RUIN business and the Economy stupid people.:mad1:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
I don't mean to play the close-minded dickhead on the situation, but nothing's going to happen in my lifetime, and even if it does, I can't make a difference. Before you start on with "Blah Blah but you can Blah Blah if everyone did Blah Blah" Look- if I did do something, and started dedicating my life to nagging people about global warming, one of two thing would happen-

1. I would convince the rest of the world to do something, and somehow miraculously stop the world from ending for another 50 years or so, well, where was the fun of living that much longer? Absorbed into the campaigning and complaining to people about the cause, so why bother? I'm not going to get a warm fuzzy feeling inside me before I die even if I can say "My children/grandchildren are going to get more time on this earth."

or 2. I would tell everyone and convince people to start thinking about global warming, but alas, to no avail, and I make no difference in the world, and I wasted my life.

And if you say "Well, all I'm saying is turn off the light when you leave the room, or ride a bike sometimes." Well, that's not going to make a difference unless everyone in the world is going to do it, and that's NOT going to happen, no matter how much you think it will or how hard you try. And that just detracted the convience of a motor vehicle or leaving the light on so I don't have to turn it back on 5 minutes later.

...There I went, off into a tyraid again, I could argue both sides, I just like to debate, to be honest, but my personal opinion rests with this one- screw it.

Pariah

Wanna bet on global warming? You can
April 13th, 2007 by Nick

pastoruri_glacier.thumbnail.jpg
Think global warming will raise the oceans enough to submerge Cape Hatteras? Want to bet on it?

An online gambling service has started taking bets on global warming, including whether it can submerge some of the East Coast’s top vacation spots.

The odds that Virginia’s Cape Henry will be under water by 2015 — 200-to-1 at BetUs.com. Its odds for Cape Hatteras flooding by the same date — 300-to-1.

Don’t bet on it, says Phil Roehrs, a coastal engineer for the city of Virginia Beach. Roehrs said although sea levels are rising along the East Coast, scientists are not predicting anywhere near the levels and dates provided by the gambling service.

“No wonder the odds are so good,” Roehrs said.

That hasn’t stopped bettors from taking a chance. About 3,000 placed bets during the first three days on online booking, said Reed Richards, a spokesman for BetUs.com.

Most gamblers on the site have put down money that Manhattan will be submerged before New Year’s Eve 2011.

“Don’t ask me why,” Richards said.

It seems i have to type at least 10 characters to post this message...