• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Good easy to find drivers program?

Does anybody know any good program that will automatically download drivers and installs them? HP/Gateway/Dell/ been giving me headaches just for searching the right ones and sometimes windows update takes forever.

Already tried this program but timeout half the time I use it lol http://www.drivereasy.com/

edit: oh wow now it seems to working again. I hate my internet.

Best bet is to use Google and do it manually. It's not that difficult, and some of the driver finders have looked pretty "suspicious" if you ask me.

Use the manufacturer's website and the model number to find the driver you need.

El Diablo

I agree with Zero on this, a lot of those driver finding programs don't look all that trustworthy.

Darkchild

The Doctor
Always go directly to the company's website!

if you need an ATI Driver, don't go to some website with the word "Driver" in its name, you go to ATI's website!

elite

Oldie moldie
Yeah, it is.

I recommend that you use Driver Max. It does limit driver downloads by only 2 per day, but it can give you the latest driver specifications. Which means that you'd be able to search exactly for what you need on Google or any other search engine.