• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Google Play Achievement Megathread

mcnichoj

Just trying my best to compile as much info I can about all the games on the Google Play enabled platform. That's currently over 9,000 games so I will probably never be able to cover every single game. That said, I would like to get as much information as I can possible. This will require YOUR help.
I'll put up whatever information I can find out myself and then also add any information anyone else can find.
The current look and layout is bound to change. Just starting out so this is gonna be rough.

First off is a list of games that have hidden achievements. While developers can mark achievement on Google Play as hidden like other platforms where you wouldn't be able to normally see their unlocking criteria on the platform themselves, you have sites like this that can get the data and reveal what the game will show you once you unlock the secret achievement. However you have some developers who still have achievements marked with "Hidden" text that don't explain how to unlock the achievements.
If you have any information concerning the unlocking of these achievements, you could possibly earn an actual paid out bounty. What exactly the price will be yet is undecided.

Achievement info needed:
Arena of Valor
Codex The Warrior (Shield Ver)
Feed the Fat
FIFA 17 Mobile Soccer [Simply called "FIFA Soccer" on the Google store now, it has five hidden achievements but the rest aren't.]
Power Rangers: Legacy Wars

This next list is for games that have had one or more server related features shutdown. Unless you see a note next to the game stating otherwise usually the game is completely unplayable.

Shutdown games:
Avakin 3D Avatar Creator
Avakin Poker
Batman Arkham Underworld
Digimon Heroes
Hero Academy 2 [Some achievements affected]
King's Knight
MARVEL Avengers Academy [You can play very little of the start of the game but no achievements will unlock and you'll eventually get stuck in a loop, you can reboot the game but it puts you just moments before the loop]
MARVEL Tsum Tsum
The Walking Dead: Assault
The Walking Dead: March to War
WWE Immortals [Will play intro cut scene and then hang at a black screen]

Next list is self explanatory, if a game gets a shutdown advancement in advance then we will be listed here up until it shutsdown and then moved to the list above.

Future Shutdowns:
Spider-Man Unlimited (March 2019)

Games with one or more broken achievements that can't be unlocked via any means of playing the game.

Games with broken achievements:
Paladins Strike
Spider-Man Unlimited

This last list of games appear to be exclusive to the NVIDIA Shield game console that you hook up to your TV. If you visit the Google Play Store on say a phone or tablet device and try to visit any of these games pages generally you'll see something along the lines of "This device isn't supported" in a red banner and won't allow you to purchase the game.
HOWEVER I did stumble across this work around: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...or-nvidia-shield-games-on-any-android-device/
That link is from December 2017 and it suggested Shield games may have had some compatibility on non-Shield devices of the time so if you have an even newer model device released in 2018 (or onward) then you may experience no issue playing them. However you do run the risk that the games either won't fully work, could possibly damage your device or could put your Google account at risk. (I doubt anything will happen in all three of those cases though, just figured I would make note of it.)

NVIDIA Shield TV exclusives:
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
ClusterTruck
Doom 3 : BFG Edition
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Solid 2 HD Shield
Metal Gear Solid 3 HD Shield
never Alone for Android TV
Portal
Resident Evil 5
The Witness
Tomb Raider

This section is for apps that aren't games that you wouldn't normally "play" but have some other type of functionality. First two that I found are both emulators.
!DO NOT LINK OR ASK WHERE TO OBTAIN ILLEGAL ROMS!

Apps with Achievements:
Retro8
SuperRetro16

Game Guides:
If you have completed any games or had to figure a difficult or grindy achievement, please make a post or your own thread if you choose and I'll link to it here.
Generally I'm not going to be too strict on how people should setup their guides if they're coverign a full game but if you're at all familiar with the work people have done on either XboxAchievements.com or PlayStationTrophies.org I'd like something along those lines. I have a couple guides already complete that I just need to polish a little more before I publish them and all three are drastically different just to show how open and unrestricted I am about the format.

Last edited:

mcnichoj

Grabbing another reserve post but also an update about Shield games.
So initially I tested the stuff all out on Blustacks. F android worked fine but the newest version of Yalp doesn't have the device spoofing option. It's possible to spoof your own device with some know how but obviously I'd like to have this process streamlined as much as possible so anyone can easily do it.
What I did do was hunt down an older version of Yalp which isn't all too difficult but I will post a link tomorrow (along with a full picture guide of this process) and then did the spoof option. Initially it till wouldn't allow me to buy any of the Shield exclusives on the Google site and only showed the Blustacks "device" along with my other actual devices I use.
I figured this was all a bust but lo and behold the day after I check the store page again for shits and giggles to see it now says I have used a Shield device.
I'll test running the game on Bluestacks itself but that probably won't work out too well. Then I'll test running it on my Galaxy Tab S4 which should more or less run no problem.

Next hurdle to overcome is getting foreign games to load on a different region account. Simply using QooApp will not do the trick. I'll have to mess around with secondary accounts I imagine.

mcnichoj

The one Shield game I tested didn't work but maybe that's because it has a lot of issues according to reviews. I would try another game but now everything says I have no compatible devices and the Shield option is greyed out. Maybe Google randomly fixed this exploit?
Luckily the Shield just so happens to be on sale:
(It was like $150 when I first made this thread.)
My guess is they want to clear stock of these old 2017 stripped down models so they can reduce the price on the old "pro" models before launching new 2019 ones maybe-possibly-probably. It comes with a controller that I can only assume plays and feels like a piece of shit since they decided to print out a concept of what appears to be an early 64bit era polygon of what a controller would look like in the future. So buy an Xbox controller if you don't already have one. PS3/4 controller compatibility mileage may vary.

Whenever I can get a Shield TV is when I'll continue to work on playing them on a non-Shield device.
Next I'll work on the thing everyone (all two of you) cares about, playing that Japanese Jump game with a non-Japanese account.

FlameMan

I have the Nvidia Shield console. I wonder if we can receive tag "SHIELD" next to/instead of "GOOGLE PLAY" and in Google Play - Games tab receive to them special "Platform Filters"? Currently it's not so easy like in the past find list of games which are exclusive for NVIDIA SHIELD (official list disappeared). For Nvidia Shield fans it can be good reason to complete these Shield exclusives before they will disappear from store.

Borderlands 2
ClusterTruck
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Never Alone for Android TV
Portal
Resident Evil 5
The Witness
Tomb Raider
Q*Bert Rebooted:SHIELD Edition
Pavilion
Super Slam Dunk Touchdown: QME
And others from Android tab with "Only on Shield" tag: https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/shield/games/

Lloyd Knight

Adding information on this thread as I'm currently sweeping achievements on my account.

I would be editing this specific post to update it from time to time.

Also, I'm more focused on doing RPG games so expect that the majority of the games added here are RPGs.

Shutting down games: (2022)
Game TitleDate
Final Fantasy Record KeeperSeptember 29, 2022
Kingdom Hearts Union X Dark RoadAugust, 2022

Shutdown games:
Game TitleDate
Hachi HachiLast App Update: February 22, 2018
Justice Monsters FiveMarch 27, 2017
Mobius Final FantasyJune 30, 2020
STAR OCEAN: ANAMNESISJune 24, 2021
SWORD ART ONLINE; Memory DefragAugust 30, 2021
TALES OF CRESTORIAFebruary 6, 2021

Games with unobtainable achievements:
Game TitleAchievementDescriptionNotes
Final Fantasy Portal AppTriple Triad1-5Triple Triad1-50.0% No one ever got these.
Seven KnightsSecret Achievements 1 - 5New achievements will be added.Unused supposed placeholder achievement.

Game TitleAchievementDescriptionNotes
KING's RAIDAll 15 achievementsAlready met the requirements but they didn't pop up.

Last recent achievers were still dated 2020.
Rival KnightsSpread the word!Rate this appI already emailed the Gameloft support and they're aware that this is indeed broken and they no longer support it
Seven KnightsLong Journey 2
Long Journey 3
Adventurer? [Normal]Clear all Stages!
Adventurer? [Hard]Clear all Stages!
Already met the requirements but they didn't pop up.

Last recent achievers were still dated 2018.

Last edited:

BillyVP

Rayman Adventures is shutdown. It has been delisted from Google Play Store in january 2023.
Due to serious glitches, a lot of its achievements were unobtainable even before server closure.

And Framed is another Google Play game with seriously glitched achievements.

Last edited:
Just trying my best to compile as much info I can about all the games on the Google Play enabled platform. That's currently over 9,000 games so I will probably never be able to cover every single game. That said, I would like to get as much information as I can possible. This will require YOUR help.
I'll put up whatever information I can find out myself and then also add any information anyone else can find.
The current look and layout is bound to change. Just starting out so this is gonna be rough.

First off is a list of games that have hidden achievements. While developers can mark achievement on Google Play as hidden like other platforms where you wouldn't be able to normally see their unlocking criteria on the platform themselves, you have sites like this that can get the data and reveal what the game will show you once you unlock the secret achievement. However you have some developers who still have achievements marked with "Hidden" text that don't explain how to unlock the achievements.
If you have any information concerning the unlocking of these achievements, you could possibly earn an actual paid out bounty. What exactly the price will be yet is undecided.

Achievement info needed:
Arena of Valor
Feed the Fat
FIFA 17 Mobile Soccer [Simply called "FIFA Soccer" on the Google store now, it has five hidden achievements but the rest aren't.]
Power Rangers: Legacy Wars

This next list is for games that have had one or more server related features shutdown. Unless you see a note next to the game stating otherwise usually the game is completely unplayable.

Shutdown games:
Avakin 3D Avatar Creator
Avakin Poker
Batman Arkham Underworld
Digimon Heroes
Hero Academy 2 [Some achievements affected]
King's Knight
MARVEL Avengers Academy [You can play very little of the start of the game but no achievements will unlock and you'll eventually get stuck in a loop, you can reboot the game but it puts you just moments before the loop]
MARVEL Tsum Tsum
The Walking Dead: Assault
The Walking Dead: March to War
WWE Immortals [Will play intro cut scene and then hang at a black screen]

Next list is self explanatory, if a game gets a shutdown advancement in advance then we will be listed here up until it shutsdown and then moved to the list above.

Future Shutdowns:
Spider-Man Unlimited (March 2019)

Games with one or more broken achievements that can't be unlocked via any means of playing the game.

Paladins Strike
Spider-Man Unlimited

This last list of games appear to be exclusive to the NVIDIA Shield game console that you hook up to your TV. If you visit the Google Play Store on say a phone or tablet device and try to visit any of these games pages generally you'll see something along the lines of "This device isn't supported" in a red banner and won't allow you to purchase the game.
HOWEVER I did stumble across this work around: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...or-nvidia-shield-games-on-any-android-device/
That link is from December 2017 and it suggested Shield games may have had some compatibility on non-Shield devices of the time so if you have an even newer model device released in 2018 (or onward) then you may experience no issue playing them. However you do run the risk that the games either won't fully work, could possibly damage your device or could put your Google account at risk. (I doubt anything will happen in all three of those cases though, just figured I would make note of it.)

Borderlands 2
ClusterTruck
Half-Life 2
never Alone for Android TV
Portal
Resident Evil 5
The Witness
Tomb Raider

This section is for apps that aren't games that you wouldn't normally "play" but have some other type of functionality. First two that I found are both emulators.
!DO NOT LINK OR ASK WHERE TO OBTAIN ILLEGAL ROMS!

Apps with Achievements:
Retro8
SuperRetro16

Game Guides:
If you have completed any games or had to figure a difficult or grindy achievement, please make a post or your own thread if you choose and I'll link to it here.
Generally I'm not going to be too strict on how people should setup their guides if they're coverign a full game but if you're at all familiar with the work people have done on either XboxAchievements.com or PlayStationTrophies.org I'd like something along those lines. I have a couple guides already complete that I just need to polish a little more before I publish them and all three are drastically different just to show how open and unrestricted I am about the format.
How to get geometry dash achievements. 1. Download the appode app store from the web. 2. Download geometry dash from there. 3. Log in and your ready to go. NOT ALL ACHIEVEMENTS CAN BE UNLOCKED THIS WAY, BUT MOST CAN.