• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Google Play Achievements on Android Simulators?

wertercatt

I'm currently using a version of Windows Subsystem for Android modified with the Play Store to play Android games on my Windows 11 computer. Does anyone know if it works properly with Google Play achievements or if I need to use Bluestacks instead?
Games without achievements are showing up in my Android Last Played list, so I guess that means something is working.

Thornskade

If you see the pop-up that you're logged into your Google account with your game, it should be working
Some games don't automatically log you into Google to begin with even on an Android smartphone, you have to go to the options to trigger it

hello8963

I was wondering if you been using Bluestacks and unlocked any google play achievements through it?

Last edited:

ReiKaz

I have used LDplayer, and you can unlock achievements. Just one minus, not every game is working on LDplayer.

Retodon8

I guess a list of platforms that support achievements could be useful, so: PrimeOS works. :)

I couldn't "buy" temporarily free Android games because I didn't have an Android system of any kind, and I might in the future, so I put PrimeOS on a USB flash drive, booted from it on an old 2011-era business desktop and earned a couple of achievements. (I tried Android-x86 first, but I think I couldn't get it to boot on that PC.)

Thornskade

I was wondering if you been using Bluestacks and unlocked any google play achievements through it?
Yes. But make sure Play Games is installed and works properly. Also, but this applies to native smartphones as well, make sure your games are logged into Google Play Games services, a lot of them don't do it automatically and you have to go to options or something to set it up