• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Google Play games no more supported ?

BillyVP

Hi everybody,
I'm currently completing my old games achievements list on Android and I'm having trouble with these 3 games :

- Rayman Adventures (unable to connect to Google Play in-game : a quick loading icon appears then nothing)
- The Bard's Tale (unable to connect to Google Play in-game : a message appears saying that it needs some unavailable Google Play services)
- Framed (able to connect to Google Play in-game, but in a weird way + unable to unlock any achievements except two)

Apparently, Rayman Adventures was removed from the store in january 2023 (but I still can download it). Will I never be able to unlock the last achievements?
For The Bard's Tale, it was still working a few months ago and I even unlocked previously buggy achievements in october 2022. Is the game no more supported ?
For Framed, I tried a lot of methods but nothing works, any help will be really appreciated...

Thanks !

BillyVP

In fact, what is even more frustrasting about Rayman Adventures is that back in time I got these 4 achievements :

ALCHEMIST
Use 30 elixirs

AND BEYOND!
Grow your tree 3000 meters high

INTREPID ADVENTURER
Complete 200 Adventures

LIKE ONE OF THE FAMILY
Complete 20 creature families

The Google Play icon for unlocking achievement did appear in-game, but the achievements were never synchronised with my Google Play profile for some reason. I contacted support and they replied, but they were unable to help me because apparently the achievements were already bugged since several years... Considering how tedious and time-consuming these 4 achievements were, this is extremely annoying.

WISiGAMI

I played Rayman Adventures last year and the connection to Play Games already broken, I don't know the other two.
The only way I know is to try with different version of the game although usually doesn't work either.

WISiGAMI

The Google Play icon for unlocking achievement did appear in-game, but the achievements were never synchronised with my Google Play profile for some reason.
It happened to me as well with two games I played, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it.

WISiGAMI

In some games, G Play Games achievements still work even though the games have been removed from Play Store, like this game for example: Devil's Ride. We can find them on sites like Apkpure. Well, probably not worth the effort, doing something that's uncertain.

Last edited:

BillyVP

Thank you for the link, I didn't know that !
What's the difference between APK, XAPK and OBB when you choose an older version of a game ?

WISiGAMI

APK is the base file to install.

In some games, when you open the app, you still need to download additional assets which is compressed as OBB, sometimes the files are separated,
so if you downloaded the APK of games that have been removed from store, you might not be able to download the required additional assets.

OBB is the extra/full resources, usually only big games (for a mobile game) that have this.

XAPK is a combined of APK+OBB (just like RAR/ZIP).

You can see that XAPK file is much larger than APK, if you download the XAPK, you don't need to worry about OBB or the additional data.
To install it, you can use the Apkpure mobile app itself or search "XAPK installer" on Play Store.

Sorry if it's hard to understand, I used G Translate.

BillyVP

Hi, I just tried to reinstall Framed to get glitched achievements using XAPK installer and APKpure website...
But looks like I can't download it, neither any older version of it. It's the same for The Bard's Tale.
Is it because these two games are paid games?

I already paid for them on the Google Play Store, I can't do much more.
Is there any other way to get older version of paid games?

Last edited:

BillyVP

Ok, I'll try to get an answer with another thread about this question in particular :p
Because getting an older version of a paid game is apparently the only solution for my problem.

BillyVP

EDIT : For unknown reason, the Google Play connectivity for The Bard's Tale suddently worked again.
So I was able to get the last achievement I needed for this one, we can delete this game from the list.