• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Google Stadia support now live! (Beta)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Stadia-Final-Google.jpg

We've gone live with tracking support for Google's cloud platform Stadia!

Please post in this thread if you experience any issues with the tracking. When linking, it's important to enter in your full username on Stadia -- including the # sign and any digits that follow it. Also, I have published some updates to the privacy settings guide, detailing which settings should be made public so your profile is visible to our scanners.

You can click on the following links to view the current games for Stadia and our leaderboard!

Stadia Leaderboard: https://www.exophase.com/stadia/leaderboard/
Stadia Games List: https://www.exophase.com/platform/stadia/

Known limitations:
  • Currently, we are not able to pick up secret achievements on the service as they are not shown to anyone other than the user that earned them. Update: we now count these in the earned totals (matching the Stadia site), the individual achievements just won't up when viewing a game's list.
  • Stadia doesn't offer playtime tracking right now, so we are unable to see playtime as well. If they add that in the future, then we'll track it.

Last edited:

Whyjadie

For some reason I cannot get it to sync my stadia achievements on exophase. I used the right account name as well as the # number and have already tried to manually sync 2 times. I did make my account earlier today (few hours ago).

Maybe It needs a couple days or is this a different issue?

U2NUMB

For some reason I cannot get it to sync my stadia achievements on exophase. I used the right account name as well as the # number and have already tried to manually sync 2 times. I did make my account earlier today (few hours ago).

Maybe It needs a couple days or is this a different issue?

Check your friends & provacy settings in the stadia app, make sure everything is set to "All Players" or at least Games and Achievements section. Guessing you have it as friends only. That needs to be ALL PLAYERS.

See if you have the settings correct.

Whyjadie

I triple checked this a couple times. Though for some reason all my achievements just randomly showed up. Problem fixed anyway nice! 😅

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I made some adjustments on how the secret achievements are handled, they are now included in the earned totals. When going on the list page you'll see a notice at the end if the game has any secrets (Tomb Raider for example):

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 10.26.45 PM.png

This way the totals match what is shown on the actual Stadia site, we just can't display them individually. Decent solution I think until they provide a way of pulling these.

Skumblex

One thing that is a little unfortunate is that the scanner only gets the 'greyed-out' trophy images (i.e. the image if the trophy if it was not yet obtained). This is probably due to the fact that Stadia shows these images to the public by default unless the trophy was earned. Do you know if there is a way to obtain the full coloured images instead? If not, maybe you could fetch the images for each player separately. This way, at least the earned trophies of each Stadia player would show up in full colour?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
One thing that is a little unfortunate is that the scanner only gets the 'greyed-out' trophy images (i.e. the image if the trophy if it was not yet obtained). This is probably due to the fact that Stadia shows these images to the public by default unless the trophy was earned. Do you know if there is a way to obtain the full coloured images instead? If not, maybe you could fetch the images for each player separately. This way, at least the earned trophies of each Stadia player would show up in full colour?

Unfortunately no, it still shows them greyed out even when viewing a profile that has earned the achievements. The icon URLs are fully random so there doesn't appear to be a flag I can pass to get the color versions either.

They still haven't added the ability to view achievements in the iOS/Android app, so maybe there's a chance it'll work differently there. Otherwise could maybe create a browser script that sends the color URLs to the site when logged in to an account that has earned them.

Skumblex

Unfortunately no, it still shows them greyed out even when viewing a profile that has earned the achievements. The icon URLs are fully random so there doesn't appear to be a flag I can pass to get the color versions either.

They still haven't added the ability to view achievements in the iOS/Android app, so maybe there's a chance it'll work differently there. Otherwise could maybe create a browser script that sends the color URLs to the site when logged in to an account that has earned them.

That's unfortunate. Maybe Google will make some changes to this in the future.
I just found out that somehow these guys (https://stadiasource.com/game/9/Borderlands-3/achievements) managed to fetch some coloured achievements at least. But no idea how they did it.

To be honest, I was also hoping that Google would implement something more elaborate than just 'plain' achievements, i.e. something along the lines of a platinum trophy. It would have been great to see something like 'Stadia coins', i.e. you get one bronze coin for each game you complete to more than 20%, a silver coin after 50%, and gold after 75%...

Last edited:

mcnichoj

That's unfortunate. Maybe Google will make some changes to this in the future.
I just found out that somehow these guys (https://stadiasource.com/game/9/Borderlands-3/achievements) managed to fetch some coloured achievements at least. But no idea how they did it.

To be honest, I was also hoping that Google would implement something more elaborate than just 'plain' achievements, i.e. something along the lines of a platinum trophy. It would have been great to see something like 'Stadia coins', i.e. you get one bronze coin for each game you complete to more than 20%, a silver coin after 50%, and gold after 75%...
My guess is since they run a Stadia fan site, they're Stadia users so they pulled the images from their own accounts.
I'm working on 100%ing Gylt and MK11, I'll submit the images when I can.

Awesome job as always x3.

Skumblex

Right now, Google is giving away 2 months of Sadia Pro for free. You can essentially just start a free trial, which should work in most countries. So in case, anyone is interested or just wants to play single games like Gylt, which is free for Pro subscribers right now, this might be a nice option.

Last edited:

Skumblex

Hey everyone,
I do not exactly know what the purpose of the number behind the stadia username is (Mine seems to be unique but I still have one), but can we introduce an option to hide the #... part on the gamercard and profile page? Would be a lot cleaner imo.

Sachifus

Hey everyone,
I do not exactly know what the purpose of the number behind the stadia username is (Mine seems to be unique but I still have one), but can we introduce an option to hide the #... part on the gamercard and profile page? Would be a lot cleaner imo.
Stadia adds this number next to the username (even if it's unique). Blizzard does the same for example.