• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Growtopia on consoles

Khaos004

I just learned that Ubisoft will kill off Growtopia on consoles next Thursday. Will the games be removed from Exophase as well? That would really make my day, since I can never complete the Uplay challenges on them now.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't know if Ubisoft actually remove the challenges server-side when a game is killed off. We'll see. Regardless, I can add it to the excluded list of games so they won't count or be scanned anymore.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Excluding games from being scanned kinda beats the purpose of an achievement hunting tracker in my opinion. There are hundreds of games out there that have been in a broken state for years because of servers shutting down. Growtopia doesn't seem like it should be treated differently. Giving users a feature like removing games from counting will also increase cheating, because then they will be able to always look clean before anybody can catch them in the act. It just doesn't seem right.
And Ubisoft doesn't remove challenges server-side as far as I can tell, because I can still see them on Assassin's Creed III (removed game from the Uplay store).

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I realize that, but broken is not the same as being removed by the publisher. For games that had servers shut down, usually some of the achievements are still obtainable unless they all require online. In this case, nothing would be obtainable period.

It's similar to if a developer removed the achievements from Steam I feel, in which case we also remove them from here... so I was thinking along the lines of that.

Maybe forcing removal of the game isn't the way to go, but I don't see much harm in letting people hide it. Especially since they can already do this on PSN. @Khaos004 already appears to have hid it on PSN but can't from Uplay just because they don't have an option to do so.

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
"but broken is not the same as being removed by the publisher." - It is on the Steam platform at least. Most games removed by publisher can still be played/completed if you owned them before-hand. Game removals doesn't necessary mean that achievements also disappear. I feel like hunters who took their time to complete it should still be rewarded for doing so (as long as the achievements still exist).

For example, two of my most rewarding games on SteamHunters had server closure and were removed from store and they reward people who completed it before that happened.

1595628581140.png

I have started many games that I can no longer complete because of server shut downs / or game removals, and there's just nothing you can do about it besides moving on.

Last edited:

Khaos004

I
I realize that, but broken is not the same as being removed by the publisher. For games that had servers shut down, usually some of the achievements are still obtainable unless they all require online. In this case, nothing would be obtainable period.

It's similar to if a developer removed the achievements from Steam I feel, in which case we also remove them from here... so I was thinking along the lines of that.

Maybe forcing removal of the game isn't the way to go, but I don't see much harm in letting people hide it. Especially since they can already do this on PSN. @Khaos004 already appears to have hid it on PSN but can't from Uplay just because they don't have an option to do so.
So does this mean it will still be counted if hidden?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I

So does this mean it will still be counted if hidden?

No - under the new system, I plan to not count hidden games in stats. I personally don't see a problem with this since it can already be done on PSN.

I do agree with @YouGotHitByGunner that we'll absolutely see cheaters abuse the feature, however I wouldn't be surprised if more platforms eventually allow hiding games, and then we'll still have to deal with it. At least when people hide games on here the staff will still be able to see them

Maybe a rule should be in place that if you are hiding games that you cheated in without informing staff then that is still grounds for removal, and you wouldn't be granted a second chance to get on the leaderboards. Since that shows you made an effort to evade detection. I think that would deter people from using the feature to hide cheated games, at least.