• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Guide] how to install 5.03GEN-A on your PSP 3000

iicii

First you need to download the Gen installer
Download here :
http://rapidshare.com/files/241302533/503gen-for-hen-pspgen_1244244166.zip

01. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.
Download here :
http://downloads.exophase.com/pub/506

02. Unzip 5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip on your desktop by example
03. double-click on LAUNCH-ME.exe (GUI)
04.PSP Model : choose options PSP-2000 or PSP-3000 (depends of your PSP)
05.Mode : Choose option FULL
06.PSP Install : Choose option YES
07. push START.
08.the files are copied on your PSP.
09. Disconnect the PSP from USB.
10. Launch the main EBOOT.PBP using ChickHEN R2 (only R2! NOT R1!).
11. When the app load, press L or R to flash the firmware in your flash. YOU ONLY NEED MAKE IT ONE TIME!
12. Press () to reboot in the custom firmware.

NOTES:

- When you installed the custom firmware in your flash you can remove the "files" folder in the MS ROOT.
For your own safety, is better that you rename or erase the prx called "flasher.prx" in the MAIN APP folder to
avoid wrong flash times.

- If you shutdown the machine or the psp crash, you will need use again ChickHEN R2 to load the main app and press O
to reboot in the custom firmware, but if you dont shutdown the machine you are in the custom firmware forever.

BUGS:

- In recovery mode after the option "Configuration" the option selected is the next option. For example, Advanced is
CPU Speed, etc. This is a problem with the original recovery, because I dont have the code is very difficult find the problem.

REMEMBER! THIS APP DONT TOUCH ANY FILE FROM THE ORIGINAL FIRMWARE! IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU LATER CONNECT TO THE FLASH0 AND TOUCH SOME OFFICIAL FILE AND YOU HAVE A BRICK!

DONT TOUCH THEM AND NOT FLASH ANY CUSTOM THEME!

------------ GENyUS-------------

Greetings for this release :

- Dark_Alex for all his great work on scene since 4 years
- Miriam for his full reverse from M33 and the 5.02GEN-A
- PSPGEN Team & Members for help and support
- Davee for the chickhen exploit

abchopra2010

When u boot into custom firmware? If yes, then Delete all files from psp( Related to Gen-A)
redownload,reinstall,reflash.

Hope it works this time. :)

Proton

whats the point of deleting those files ?

After the installation of GEN-A, you will not require the files in ms0:\files anymore. Renaming and deleting flasher.prx will also prevent accidental reinstallation of GEN-A.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM EST ----------

my slim2000v3 keeps turning off after the install.. ??? any ideas.

Stick with CFWEnabler 2.51 for now, until GEN-A is fixed to function correctly on psp2k v3.

alexn271

After the installation of GEN-A, you will not require the files in ms0:\files anymore. Renaming and deleting flasher.prx will also prevent accidental reinstallation of GEN-A.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM EST ----------

Stick with CFWEnabler 2.51 for now, until GEN-A is fixed to function correctly on psp2k v3.

will do thanks for the heads up again iicii:)

JonyJonJon

HI,

Ive been out of this forum for a while and when i come back there is already TempCFW for 3k. nice...

Now I've tryied this on my psp brite and installed the GEN-A with no probs i've made copys of patapon an ff7 and left home without the UMDs.

Later I decided to try it and it says "the game could not been started" pls tell me what am I doing wrong.

Anyway all I've done was install the GEN-A made a backup of my games and Put them on the X:\ISO\ folder.

azamen87

HI,

Ive been out of this forum for a while and when i come back there is already TempCFW for 3k. nice...

Now I've tryied this on my psp brite and installed the GEN-A with no probs i've made copys of patapon an ff7 and left home without the UMDs.

Later I decided to try it and it says "the game could not been started" pls tell me what am I doing wrong.

Anyway all I've done was install the GEN-A made a backup of my games and Put them on the X:\ISO\ folder.

press select from ur psp xmb, and change the umd iso mode to m33 driver

can someone please help me i really wanna know what posloader should i use to run psx games on the 3000 ones which actually work would help :p
and a tutorial would be even better :p
somone please help i really wanna play resident evil :p

iicii

can someone please help me i really wanna know what posloader should i use to run psx games on the 3000 ones which actually work would help :p
and a tutorial would be even better :p
somone please help i really wanna play resident evil :p

you dont need posloader just download PSGUI300beta and convert your PS1 image to .PBP file it work fine for me on Gen-A. with M33 it wont for some reason :S

will vsh menu brick the 3k??

no it wont brick your psp

kain

tobiasisacoolname for playstation emulation, you should try to follow this tutorial >>> click here

sorry but it's a google translation from a french site (but a really good tutorial)

only dismiss the steps unnecessary for 5.03 (it's an old tutorial)

have fun

and vsh menu may damage your psp if you don't know what you're doing

------------------------

oops iicii was faster

and iicii, you may need old pops to run all your playstation games

afteralter

S for Surreal
Hi i wanted to ask does this thing work on PSP 3004 ofw 4.21 and 8D ... :) ty for the answer

basically,
what you need
5.03 OFW - to get chickhen working
Davee's chickhenr2 to get this working.