• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Guide] Play backups on any Wii without a modchip

Noriyuke

Ok, im going to download the pal one, hippy sent me links to one that was apparently converted to ntsc as is, but it really wasnt.

Noriyuke

Ok, out of curiousity, would the Pal Copy of the game the DVD5 work without anykind of region free patching? or would i have to use that WiiFrii Thing i was looking at earlier today.

twelve

I'm not dead
Ok, out of curiousity, would the Pal Copy of the game the DVD5 work without anykind of region free patching? or would i have to use that WiiFrii Thing i was looking at earlier today.
If it requires any patching it should say on the compatibility list.

Noriyuke

Ok, no worries, i found out i needed something called GeckoOS to run it, it just doesn't run freely on the disc channel.

twelve

I'm not dead
Yeah that guide is horribly worded though. I've actually started rewriting this guide to be up to date and complete. But I've used that guide before for a 3.3 and it all works fine.

birdman

I recently got back from college and am playing around with my step-bro's wii

he is on 4.0 so...
hacked it using the bannerbomb and got homebrew channel working great, now my question is can i run backups?

mccrutch

Hi, I have a wii with wiikey, hbc is already installed in it, the fw is an old one 3.12 or something (i can't check it I'm in the ofc)

i bought mad world yesterday and it's asking for an upgrade I'm thigking of using this gamma loader would this work on my curent fw or do I need to uprade? I'm sure that the firmware is less than 3.3

thanks!

Proxin

Hi, I have a wii with wiikey, hbc is already installed in it, the fw is an old one 3.12 or something (i can't check it I'm in the ofc)

i bought mad world yesterday and it's asking for an upgrade I'm thigking of using this gamma loader would this work on my curent fw or do I need to uprade? I'm sure that the firmware is less than 3.3

thanks!

Not sure about WiiKey, but with the original Twilight hack (no hardware mods) I was able to do the update included in MadWorld and successfully get it working without losing any homebrew/hacks.

mccrutch

Not sure about WiiKey, but with the original Twilight hack (no hardware mods) I was able to do the update included in MadWorld and successfully get it working without losing any homebrew/hacks.

thanks! seems like it's the only way to go. :)