• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GUIDE] Running PSX games on your PSP with GEN-A or CFWe

psp3k

T for Tired
[FIELDSET="Things You Require"]
1.A PSP
2.Custom Firmware .In case you have PSP-3000 then CFWE or 5.03 GEN-A is required
3.SimplePopstationGUI
4.An iso of the psx game.You can dump your psx cd's into iso format using any standard program.
5. Popsloader - Download Click Here [/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Making PSX EBOOT(s)"]1.Extract PsGUI300beta.rar and run the program.
2.You will get a screen like this:
3.Here using the BROWSE option select the psx iso you want to convert into psp EBOOT format.
4.Select the output folder for the EBOOT.PBP file.
5.Game Title and Game Region are automatically selected.
6.If you have a thumbnail or thumbnail animation pic etc of the game then you can select it in the ICON0.PNG etc options otherwise leave it blank.
7.When you are ready press GO.
8.When the conversion is done go to the folder where you saved your EBOOT.PBP file and right click it and select COPY.
9.Connect your PSP to the PC using usb cable.
10.Now go to ms0:\PSP\GAMES(ms0 is the drive letter of the memory stick).
11.Here create a new folder.Name is your choice.
12.Now copy the EBOOT.PBP file inside the new folder you created.
13.Disconnect the PSP from the PC.
14.Now go to the GAMES section in the XMB and select it to play.[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Enabling Pops In PSP"]1. Extract the file: popsloader500.rar
2. You will get three main files
3. Create a folder named seplugins in the root of your memory stick if you dont have
4. Put the three main files that you got from the first method
5. Reboot PSP and enable the GEN-A or CFWe
6. Put PSX Eboots here --- MS0:/PSP/GAME/(HERE)
example: ms0:/PSP/GAME/FF7/EBOOT.PBP[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Credits"]Dark-Alex for creating Popsloader
ZiNgA BuRgA for creating SimplePopstationGUI
Neophyte for creating Making PSX EBOOT(s)[/FIELDSET]

So any questions I am ready to answer

Frozty

when i try to choose pops version my psp freezes.

jedar

I chose the bottom one in the pops list (psp3k Gen-A)
"same as flash"
Now it won't load anything at all too. just freezes.

afteralter

S for Surreal
wow, i never did any of this but the PSX eboots i downloaded all worked on GEN-A and CFWe 3.30 lol

nelzx

same problem

I had the same problem I chose from flash and it just crash and now the menu doesn't even pop up

imported_khan

I installed CFWE 3.50 today, generated pops.prx and popsman.prx by running psardumper and placed these two *.prx's into the pops folder and selected 'Flash Pops Modules' from within the CFWE menu and tried to launch Crash Bandicoot 3 eboot, but, it just crashes my PSP 3000.

Before installing Pops via CFWE, Crash Bandicoot 3 was working fine with Gen. Now, even after reverting back to Gen, it is not working anymore, anyone know why?

Do I need to remove pops.prx and popsman.prx from flash0? Thanks

psp3k

T for Tired
I installed CFWE 3.50 today, generated pops.prx and popsman.prx by running psardumper and placed these two *.prx's into the pops folder and selected 'Flash Pops Modules' from within the CFWE menu and tried to launch Crash Bandicoot 3 eboot, but, it just crashes my PSP 3000.

Before installing Pops via CFWE, Crash Bandicoot 3 was working fine with Gen. Now, even after reverting back to Gen, it is not working anymore, anyone know why?

Do I need to remove pops.prx and popsman.prx from flash0? Thanks

yes remove it
but you have to know exactly where it is

imported_khan

yes remove it
but you have to know exactly where it is

Can you please help me find where these two might be residing?

Alternatively, any tips how I can run pops on cfwe3.30? I already have (pops & popsman.prx) flashed, however, I did not copy any other file from f0 folder, did I miss something out? In some websites, seplugins folder is mentioned.

Any help will be appreciated, I really wanted to have a working cfwe as it has better support, at least for now.

afteralter

S for Surreal
well you have to add one word to the sentence
I added it for you

FYI.

i own the psx games i downloaded like CTR, FFVII, FFVIII, Crash Bandicoot 1/2/Warped.
if you ask me why i don't play them over the PS1, my ps1 is broken and i couldn't bring it anywhere unlike the psp.
i don't play ISO's (except for crisis core which i also own)

you know nothing so STFU

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
I did all this, and I just get a black screen after the boot screen.

EDIT: How would I change the ISO into an IMG/BIN file? I do not have the discs on me right now.

DarkGamer

PRo GaMeR
Fuck cannot start the game man
your guide is incomplete shit
and u have not even answered to the problems people are having above