• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 half ring of Death?

half ring of death? [Solved]

So a friend of mine wanted to fix his xbox thats been suffering from 3ROD. So I open up. air blow it. plug it in. now fans speed up quick and flash the xbox intro and now half ring of death. So what should I do? apply new thermal paste?

Update: I just stand it up and works but when I lay back down it does it again! wtf?
Update 2: Run it all day today. crank the heat up in my room, stand it up 5 hours and lay it down 5 more hours. played some MW2 on it and yeahhh. it works but for how long? lol

James.

User Not Found
Two rings is overheating :/
Try leaving it for a few hours, make sure all the vents aren't blocked then turn it on.

Robby

Los Doyers!
If you did the penny trick, make sure you bake it. Do the towel trick until the xbox shuts off, then it should be good to go.

so it been 2 and a half hours no problems.

maybe the board need re-adjusted. This xbox been off for a year and can be JTAG. too bad I not a pro at soldering I would xbr it for him.