• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Halo 3: ODST was announced a while ago however it now has it's own Project page and an awesome gameplay trailer on Bungie, and they also today announced Halo: Reach, a prequel to the trilogy, that the trailer doesn't give much hints about... but they both look so epic!
Differences I noticed in gameplay of the ODST trailer:
Grenade count and ammo count have been moved to the bottom of the screen, and a compass has been added to the top.
You can now hold up to 3 of every grenade type.
The SMG has scope and more range.
The pistol has scope.
There will also be a downloadable multiplayer demo for Halo: Reach available to anyone who buys Halo 3: ODST.

Your thoughts?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I have zero interest in the Halo time line, so Reach doesn't really do much for me at the moment. I've been keeping my eye on ODST though and it looks quite good from a gameplay standpoint.

James.

User Not Found
Yeah saw this on the E3 presentation

Pretty epic, Halo reach will obviously be about the fall of reach (Pre-Halo 1)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Reach must use a new engine or have a different combat style I'm thinking... hopefully it will remain first person but will still have some drastic changes.

James.

User Not Found
Definately pre-halo 1.
11wf18y.png

Squad shooter? Just throwing it out there. It was rumoured before.

chrono6456

I've lost all respect for bungie now. I was a huge halo fanboy at one point, but after they keep churning out shit after shit, why bother.

Instead of just releasing another halo game, they will be releasing two halo games! An alternate view point game, and a prequel. Milking at its finest.

James.

User Not Found
I've lost all respect for bungie now. I was a huge halo fanboy at one point, but after they keep churning out shit after shit, why bother.

Instead of just releasing another halo game, they will be releasing two halo games! An alternate view point game, and a prequel. Milking at its finest.
Shit after shit?

Hold your horses. They've only released 3 halo games.

Have you played these new games? No.
How can you say thay are shit without playing them? When they are released, and you have played it then you can say its shit (if it is :)).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
If you look at the character on the far right of the Reach image it looked like either an extremely tall spartan or an elite... and if Reach is pre-Halo 1, it would make no sense for an elite to be there :p

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Wow, I thought they said ODST was going to be more stealth oriented...the new trailer looks like you play as a different spartan and that's it...

As for reach, that looks interesting, I'm definetely pre-ordering ODST this summer for the beta (I was planning on getting it anyway)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Still looks like stealth will be a key part, with the silenced weapons and all. I just think a game where all you do is move about in the shadows would be a bit boring, you've got to have a bit of the SMGing brutes off the back of a mongoose ;)

James.

User Not Found
Kotaku - First Look At Halo 3 ODST Xbox 360 Controller - Halo 3 odst

I might get the limited edition, I need a new controller :p
Plus, who doesnt want to play as Sgt. Johnson?
Bungie.net : Halo 3 ODST : Features

EDIT:
4-Player co-op experience over Xbox LIVE or System Link, Screenshots, Saved Films, custom Halo 3 Multiplayer Map and Game Variants via the Forge…all of the award-winning features included in Halo 3 are packed into Halo 3: ODST [HIGHLIGHT]with an extra 1750 available achievement points piled on for good measure[/HIGHLIGHT]. And Halo 3: ODST introduces an all-new single player experience with new characters, new weapons and technology, and the frenetic cooperative experience, Firefight, an entirely unique way to play Halo.
=o

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Still looks like stealth will be a key part, with the silenced weapons and all. I just think a game where all you do is move about in the shadows would be a bit boring, you've got to have a bit of the SMGing brutes off the back of a mongoose ;)

Yeah but to be honest, I hated the Halo 3 campaign with a passion. I don't know what it was exactly...but when I played it the first time around I said to myself "Thank god this game has the best multiplayer on 360".

Maybe it's because I've only played bits and pieces of Halo 1/2 so I don't feel for the chief...oh well.

Cryox

Bro.
I will probably get these. Halo ODST looks awesome. Reach will hopefully be good. It will be harder for me to like seeing as I have The Fall of Reach.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I will get these just for the heck of them.

chrono6456

Shit after shit?

Hold your horses. They've only released 3 halo games.

Have you played these new games? No.
How can you say thay are shit without playing them? When they are released, and you have played it then you can say its shit (if it is :)).

I have played all three halos, I have read all the books. I bought the special halo limited edition green original xbox, I bought the limited edition copy of halo 2, I played the halo 3 beta, I got a copy of halo 3 days before the official release date through the pontiac competition, I participated int he halo 3 ARG, I bought the legendary copy of halo 3 with helmet and all, I learned how to play some halo music on the piano.

In my opinion, Halo 1 was by far the best out of the three, and they rest progressively got worse and progressively ruined the story. The exception being I thought Halo 2 had the best multiplayer out of all, at least before all the little kids rushed in around christmas that same year.

The reason I say they are churning out shit after shit is because each following game is just a milk run and they are generally becoming more catered to a younger audience. And then bungie goes still ahead and release bonus content (ie, 2 maps) for like $10. Now they are coming out with two more halo games, one of them based on the first book. The reason we had the book was so that we didn't need a game to describe it all. Then, on top of that all, bungie also lets other companies in on their franchise who churn out more crap, and then we get the god awful halo 2 Vista port, and the nothing more than average halo wars.

Thankfully, at least the Halo CE PC port was done by gearbox who did it right.

Cryox

Bro.
Well, yeah... The events of Reach happened before Halo 1. [HIGHLIGHT]Moments before even.[/HIGHLIGHT]

That i can say is true, because Autumn jumped straight from Reach to Halo while/after Reach was glassed. (read the book twice and a half, so that stuff i said should be pretty true)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah but to be honest, I hated the Halo 3 campaign with a passion. I don't know what it was exactly...but when I played it the first time around I said to myself "Thank god this game has the best multiplayer on 360".

Maybe it's because I've only played bits and pieces of Halo 1/2 so I don't feel for the chief...oh well.

I've done Halo 1 campaign on 360, Halo 2 campaign on PC and Halo 3 campaign and Halo 3 campaign is my favourite of the three! This might be because it was the first game I played, but I've completed it various times and it's so fun to do on Legendary co-op with a couple of mates.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
I'm WAY pumped for Halo:Reach, It's always been a fantasy of mine that there would be a game based off one of the novels. I play halo purely for the story so that's all I care about lol

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM EST ----------

Thankfully, at least the Halo CE PC port was done by gearbox who did it right.

The Halo CE Pc Port was Horrible IMO, There were so many glitches and bugs and some of the worst lag issues in multiplayer. And I still can't believe I played halo CE on pc for so long. Wish I hadn't, it's reasons like this Why I really like to just play halo for it's story.