• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Do you not enjoy the online multiplayer of Halo 3 then?
Halo 3 is one of the 360 games I play by far the most, both for the campaign (which I completed again one Legendary with 2 mates very shortly, getting all the skulls and also doing Vidmaster Annual on a new gamertag so when I finished the last level I got 5 achievements for 425G :p) and Matchmaking.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I don't see halo needing any skill online. It just seems like everyone jumps, and shoots. All you have to do to level up is play alot. I suck at Halo3 and yet I can really do damage against a bunch of high ranks, which makes me think halo requires little to no skill.
I only play multilayer with friends now as that is the only way I can enjoy halo.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I don't see halo needing any skill online. It just seems like everyone jumps, and shoots. All you have to do to level up is play alot. I suck at Halo3 and yet I can really do damage against a bunch of high ranks, which makes me think halo requires little to no skill.
I only play multilayer with friends now as that is the only way I can enjoy halo.

Believe me, it does take quite a lot of skill...
There are people who can absolutely own me without me even touching them.
And there are people I can absolutely own without them touching me.
I can see what you mean, but it really does take skill...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Do you not enjoy the online multiplayer of Halo 3 then?
Halo 3 is one of the 360 games I play by far the most, both for the campaign (which I completed again one Legendary with 2 mates very shortly, getting all the skulls and also doing Vidmaster Annual on a new gamertag so when I finished the last level I got 5 achievements for 425G :p) and Matchmaking.
I actually have not had the chance to play Halo 3 yet (suprising i know) That and Halo wars are the only 2 pieces of Halo I have not listened,read or played .. yet. well actually i did play a little of halo 3 a few times . But how can the multiplayer really be any different than the mess Halo 2's was.?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I actually have not had the chance to play Halo 3 yet (suprising i know) That and Halo wars are the only 2 pieces of Halo I have not listened,read or played .. yet. well actually i did play a little of halo 3 a few times . But how can the multiplayer really be any different than the mess Halo 2's was.?

It's SO different.
In the Halo 3 Forum on Bungie at any one time there is usually at least 1 thread of someone trying to change it back to the Halo 2 system (because they preferred it) or people begging them to keep it the same...
I barely play Halo Wars mostly because I'm shite at it :p but it's reasonably good.
Halo 3's playing style and physics is a lot different to Halo 2's, and it has really separated the skill margin.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
It's SO different.
In the Halo 3 Forum on Bungie at any one time there is usually at least 1 thread of someone trying to change it back to the Halo 2 system (because they preferred it) or people begging them to keep it the same...
I barely play Halo Wars mostly because I'm shite at it :p but it's reasonably good.
Halo 3's playing style and physics is a lot different to Halo 2's, and it has really separated the skill margin.

Well that sounds good. I plan on picking up wars and 3 eventually sometime this year. And I probably won't plunk down the money for xbox live. I'll just enjoy both of them on their own :love: Although some of the continuity inconsistencies in Halo wars may irk me a bit too much.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Well that sounds good. I plan on picking up wars and 3 eventually sometime this year. And I probably won't plunk down the money for xbox live. I'll just enjoy both of them on their own :love: Although some of the continuity inconsistencies in Halo wars may irk me a bit too much.

Buy Xbox Live and Halo 3 instead of Halo 3 and Halo Wars ;)

Joey

I've played all 3 Halo's... 3's campaign is far and away the best. The story, I don't know, because I could give less than a shit about the story, but the actually campaign, was actually very good.

Halo 3's campain is actually very overrated now that I think about it. It had some amazing set peices.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I felt like Halo 3's story was rushed. When I saw the ending, I was like "so this is how it ends huh?"
Really disappointed. I also enjoy Halo2 online versus Halo3.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Halo Portal: Halo Wars, Halo 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Videos & Trailers, Game Details and more

Click the fourth button, I think it says it all.

[leave some rep if this convinced you to reserve ODST :p]

This is from the official xbox page, even though there is no confirmation at EB Games or Gamestop, I guarentee that this is real.

I merged your thread with the existing one for this game.

ok thanks.

It's still awesome information :p

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
It's a game expansion, which is pretty much an addon. And I am sorry, it is 3-5 hours of gameplay, which still doesn't justify the price.

It's longer than that, plus it comes with Firefight, much like GoW2's Horde Mode, which is going to be so good, and another disc with Halo 3's multiplayer and all the maps they've ever made.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I would be happier if they made the campaign DLC on the Marketplace, that way I don't have to pay extra for the things I don't want (multiplayer that I already have). Either way, I will probably wait a few weeks for the price to drop, there are too many games coming out for me to buy :(