• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I would be happier if they made the campaign DLC on the Marketplace, that way I don't have to pay extra for the things I don't want (multiplayer that I already have). Either way, I will probably wait a few weeks for the price to drop, there are too many games coming out for me to buy :(

Fair enough...
You could mod your 360 ;) These 2 games will be the only 2 games I buy for a long time.
Plus the Multiplayer does come with 3 new maps and all the other maps on the disc so you can delete them from your Hard Drive to save space.
And it does look like they put a lot of work into Firefight.

Joey

It's a game expansion, which is pretty much an addon. And I am sorry, it is 3-5 hours of gameplay, which still doesn't justify the price.

Once again, it's 3-5 hours according to who? Has anybody at bungie said this? Have you played the game?

Andy

Champion of the Sun
Once again, it's 3-5 hours according to who? Has anybody at bungie said this? Have you played the game?

Jesus, according to several sources, the campaign is to last for around 3-5 hours. I am not sure if I remember correctly or not, but I have a memory of reading a Bungie article stating it (again, not sure of this). Which, DOES make sense, seeing as the Halo 3 campaign only took around 8 hours.

EDIT: Halo 3: Recon to run 3-5 hours, not cost $60 - Xbox 360 News at GameSpot

There, now stop crying.

Andy

Champion of the Sun
The only one crying here is you.

You just love arguing for no reason =/

Fair enough...
You could mod your 360 ;) These 2 games will be the only 2 games I buy for a long time.
Plus the Multiplayer does come with 3 new maps and all the other maps on the disc so you can delete them from your Hard Drive to save space.
And it does look like they put a lot of work into Firefight.

I have been considering modding my 360, but I have a lite-on, and I can't find any clear guides on how to do it.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
That source was from November 18th, back before they renamed it to ODST before they had revealed much information at all.
From the videos I've seen it looks like it's probably longer than that, there's "the biggest environment they've ever made" in this to explore and all the flashback like things.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm sure it's longer then 3 hours. If I remember correctly the game is supposed to ship with 1000 gamerscore. If it really is three hours, then Bungie really is selling two things: Master Chief and Gamerscore.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I'm sure it's longer then 3 hours. If I remember correctly the game is supposed to ship with 1000 gamerscore. If it really is three hours, then Bungie really is selling two things: Master Chief and Gamerscore.

Actually it ships with 1,750 gamerscore...

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Actually it ships with 1,750 gamerscore...

That just proves my point, it was confirmed at E3 that ALL achievements will have to do with the campaign itself. Now, if it's only 3-5 hours, Bungie is giving players 584 to 350 gamerscore per hour, which is one big load of stupidity. Even King Kong didn't give you that much, that fast.

I'm willing to bet that the campaign will be only a bit shorter then Halo 3's.

James.

User Not Found
That just proves my point, it was confirmed at E3 that ALL achievements will have to do with the campaign itself. Now, if it's only 3-5 hours, Bungie is giving players 584 to 350 gamerscore per hour, which is one big load of stupidity. Even King Kong didn't give you that much, that fast.

I'm willing to bet that the campaign will be only a bit shorter then Halo 3's.
Why are you complaining?
It also does come with 3 new multiplayer maps, a horde-like mode and if you preorder... playable Sgt. Johnson

Seth

MD Party Room
For anyone who getting odst I found a nice deal on it.

halo odst - Bing shopping

It 51.99 at buy.com and if you use the link above you get some cashback and end up gettign it for 47 bucks.

Cryox

Bro.
For anyone who getting odst I found a nice deal on it.

halo odst - Bing shopping

It 51.99 at buy.com and if you use the link above you get some cashback and end up gettign it for 47 bucks.

Will I get Sargent Johnson if I use that link?

EDIT:
nvm, it comes with the code

Seth

MD Party Room
For anyone who got that pre-order code you can use this link to save you from the crappy 360 keypad..

Sign In

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I finished the whole campaign on Solo Legendary :)
Took about 6 hours and was epic!

Sinfulfate

I just bought this off ebay for $50. Is there anywayto get Sgt Johnson without preordering or is it a one time code?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I think it's a one time code. I'll PM you my code if you want to try though.

Maybe I could email Gamestop support and say my first one was borked or something and try and get another one.

Edit - It is a one time unique code. Says so in the email. They also say to phone Xbox Support for any help or assistance with it.

B

Bizarre

I'm sick of buying games off something I could do myself, anyone know any torrent sites that are safe? PM if were not allowed to share.