• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo 3 Recon

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
bnet_02.jpg

Halo 3 Recon was announced just under a week ago at TGS, however we won't see it on retail stores for another year! Recon will be a stand-alone campaign expansion to Halo 3 detailing the progress of a ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper) who is more or less a soldier who relies on surveying the situation around him and picking his battles carefully - stealth will be key. You won't be the unstoppable Master Chief, but how different the ODST will be is yet to be known. Multiplayer will be the same as Halo 3 as well but with new maps.

To find out some more answers to your possible questions, pleaser refer to last week's Weekly Update from Bungie: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=15806

Serideth

Oh wow, didn't know about this, I wonder if it will be a downloadable thing or a seperate game altogether.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Pixel Princess said:
Oh wow, didn't know about this, I wonder if it will be a downloadable thing or a seperate game altogether.

Separate game entirely (note - standalone release)

Moose

Meta Moose
I'm not excited about this at all... Halo 3 didn't do it for me, so I'm gonna assume this will be the same. However, I'm not surprised that they are making a new game.

mrray2012

The campaign in Halo 3 seemed like the same old thing. It felt repetitive and dull. Halo 2 was much better. The only thing that kept me playing Halo 3 was the multiplayer. This next installment better bring something better and different to the table

JEMdev

halo 3 multiplayer is good

however, those story missions were in fact horrible

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Well, the Mythic Map map will be coming out sometime early 2009, but will also be included with Halo 3: Recon. I can't wait for this game :D

Noriyuke

Im excited about this, im hoping they can do something great with the Halo universe before it falls apart.