• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Hard drive replacement help

niz123

hey guys,
i am asking a question. i have got a fujitsu siemens amilo Li 2735 notebook. my hard drive is malfunctioning so i am planning to buy a new one.

My question is: is it safe to use other manufactured hard drives on my laptop?

Thanx

MenaceInc

Staff Member
hey guys,
i am asking a question. i have got a fujitsu siemens amilo Li 2735 notebook. my hard drive is malfunctioning so i am planning to buy a new one.

My question is: is it safe to use other manufactured hard drives on my laptop?

Thanx

Yes, perfectly safe. Just remember to check whether the drive in it atm is SATA, IDE or ZIF and buy the appropiate one. You could also buy a 2.5" enclosure so you would be able to transfer pics/music/whatever over USB from your old drive.

You will have to reinstall windows unfortunately but if the drives dying then it'd be a good idea anyways since there's a high chance that system files may be corrupt or unreadable (depending on how far the drive has degraded).

niz123

OK! thanx dude. my hard drive might get screwed in a couple of days so im going to buy a new one. thnx for the help anywayz!