• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi HDMI versions

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I have a Toshiba 46H84 tv, with hdmi outputs. I noticed that there are versions (1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3). how would I know what type my tv is, and would it matter?(is a 1.3 spec cable fine on a 1.0/1.1 tv?)

Seth

MD Party Room
HDMI versions are fully backward compatible with all previous versions so yes it just fine. Also in your case it wont really matter seeing as any benefits you would gain from 1.3 would be bottle necked by your tv only doing 1080i.

ChurchedAtheist

ok.

im having a unrelated issue now. I picked up some component cables for my ps2, and I cant get my TV to display my ps2 with it. it worked before using the cables that came w/ the ps2(the ones that you plug your cable connection into), but now it just stays on cable.

explosions

Did you switch it to the component input? :huh:

ChurchedAtheist

im not sure how to. dont have the fucking remote.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Does the TV even support Component?
If it does. It should either work on the regular Video 1/V-2 channel or a channel Dedicated to Component. My Tv has a seperate channel for Composite, S-Video and Component.

Scroll back from channel 2. That usually works

ChurchedAtheist

found the remote. works great! can actually see my games now!