• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Heads up Uplay changing..

tyl0413

And just now I got a download link to the new EA software called EA Desktop.. so Origin might be changing as well...

Edit: Installed and I do not see any achievements in the new software just yet.
On the forums they confirmed Origin Points are going away so yeah, no one cares about achievements on PC..

Gryma

The new set of challenges for GR Breakpoint are actually different from the ones before Ubisoft Connect "era".
Makes sense we have non of them, though they most are generic stuff, play/ kill/ repeatable missions ..etc I guess they are not retroactive.

Shit I might download it and see if I can earn them through friend pass, I don't actually own it.

Actually, i just try with GR Breakpoint. First time : No challenges unlocked. I try just right now, got 13 challenges unlocked at the same time. I think we have so retroactive challenges. I think the better is to wait tomorrow to do something, because that can be bugged (rn, im level 0 for exemple XD i was 57, get level 58 drop me to level 0 with... 0 xp :p )

A_M_R_Egypt

And just now I got a download link to the new EA software called EA Desktop.. so Origin might be changing as well...

Edit: Installed and I do not see any achievements in the new software just yet.
EA is being slow with this one, it has been in closed beta since Summer.

On the forums they confirmed Origin Points are going away so yeah, no one cares about achievements on PC..
Ppl on their forums were always confused about Origin points, they thought they were like Uplay points where you could redeem rewards in game for them.
Oh and other ppl were confusing Origin points for Bioware points too.
Origin points were always just for show, like a way to show how much you achieved in your games .. a.k.a "bragging rights"
Achievements are staying though.

Last edited:

tyl0413

Ppl on their forums were always confused about Origin points, they thought they were like Uplay points where you could redeem rewards in game for them.
Oh and other ppl were confusing Origin points for Bioware points too.
Origin points were always just for show, like a way to show how much you achieved in your games .. a.k.a "bragging rights"
Achievements are staying though.
It's like Xbox Live Gamerscore, i always liked that system and now they kill it off for dumb pop ups.

tyl0413

Updates been out for a few hrs so here are the changes I noticed:
Core Challenges have been wiped from all games, Hyper Scape and For Honor for example got brand new challenges, and now they only grant XP, old ones were removed (applies to all transitioning games).
Units are unlocked when you level up your profile, don't know how many though, system appears to be bugged shows me as lvl 0.
Badges were removed, existing ones can be shown off on your profile but new ones can't be earned.
Some rewards can be unlocked again, I could unlock the Welcome reward on Siege and actually got a 24hr Renown Booster, and some on Steep too.
Current level and Units are kept.
Achievements are unaffected (hopefully they make an API in the future so they can be tracked here)
Stats and all other online functionality is unaffected.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So... Actually we have now Ubisoft Connect. Games like Hyper Scape, Ghost Recon Breakpoint get new challenge. And we all have 0 challenges completed on these games...
I sent you a friend request on Ubi Connect, can you accept when you get a chance? It appears they have made some changes to the API so I want to view a profile with the new games to see what changed.

Edit: I noticed on Ghost Recon it shows the number of achievements unlocked in the stats section on the website. No details on the individual achievements though unfortunately.

Also I've got the new API endpoints documented for the Core Challenges. Will be pushing an update to the scanners tomorrow most likely.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Support for tracking the new challenges has been added. Leaderboard and stats still showing the combined amounts for the legacy challenges + new but this will change soon.

Some example games, dunno if there are others so far:

A_M_R_Egypt

I was level 49 and it showed me 501 XP needed for next level, I joined a friend game and left instantly got 9 challenges unlocked they are worth 1150 XP

The FAQ said 500 XP need to level up, now I'm level 50 and need 200 XP for next level .. the challenges XP is miscalculated for me and I didn't get any Uplay points from that level up.

xPETEZx

Welp, now have a big phat 0 on uPlay :(

Here is hoping that they actually open up achievements for comparison rather than just challenges.

A_M_R_Egypt

There are no pop ups anymore for completing challenges, tested it on Hyper Scape.
The "Ubisoft Connect" update to Uplay broke a lot of things, they have a "known issues" going on but as far as I saw it isn't covering every issue I faced or read about.
I got 27 out of 30 challenges in GR Breakpoint and not a single notification for any of them too.

NScryer

I was level 49 and it showed me 501 XP needed for next level, I joined a friend game and left instantly got 9 challenges unlocked they are worth 1150 XP

The FAQ said 500 XP need to level up, now I'm level 50 and need 200 XP for next level .. the challenges XP is miscalculated for me and I didn't get any Uplay points from that level up.
same thing here, I'm at lvl 147 and it says 501 to next level.

I can't even count how many issues I found since the update, but I'm just bored to write about them. This is so annoying.

Arthefran

This is so frustrating... I guess the changes with cross saves and the likes is great for most of their players and will be a solid base for the games from 2019 onwards, but for the few who play their back catalogue on PC the only practical result is that they deprecated the challenges for 95% of their game. Plus they didn't bother to make the achievements public, and now there's like only 6-7 games active in the Uplay leaderboard.

@x3sphere sorry for reopening this discussion, but how difficult would it be to create a separate "hand-picked" Uplay achievements category, by just copy-pasting the names, logos and descriptions of the Xbox achievements for these games, and allowing users to check and specify the date of unlocked achievements? Of course, it would not have any leaderboard and would only be viewable by the user themselves - thus neutralizing any potential "cheating", but allowing us to have accurate stats about our own achievements. If Ubi ever bothers to make a public API for achievements, then that solution will be discarded.

I'm aware that most Exophase users play Ubisoft games on console, so this is probably not worth your time...

Last edited: