• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Heads up Uplay changing..

U2NUMB

Seems Ubi is gonna combine rewards and Uplay. Hopefully this helps with access to achievements but do not hold your breath.

Trailer of the new Ubisoft Connect software

Gryma

I think, for us, nothing changed. I look the whole FAQ, and didnt see any news about cheevos. We will see October 29 :p

Khaos004

You need to read closer. You won't be able to earn them after Oct. 29 on most games. Only new ones and:
Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
For Honor
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Hyper Scape
Steep
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Some of our older games are no longer patched and have not transitioned to UBISOFT CONNECT and will still have Ubisoft Club branding even after the release of Ubisoft Connect.
For these games we have unlocked all the Ubisoft Club rewards for free! You will see notifications for the unlocks when you start your game. The classic challenges have been disabled and will not be visible in Ubisoft Connect. You will still be able to see your stats and the leaderboards for these games in Ubisoft Connect.

Last edited:

Khaos004

@x3sphere sphere what does this mean for the leaderboard? Seems unfair that after the 29th, no can move up because almost all games will have challenges disabled.

Gryma

I hope that's a joke. Like Anno 1800, we will get like 6 new challenges, a few days before that update... >_<

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If they are depreciating the old challenge system entirely then we'll probably not count these anymore and move over to the new system (Core Challenges). The challenges already tracked here can stay up, but they just won't count for the leaderboards / EXP anymore. At least that's what makes sense to me for now.

If they do make the actual achievements visible then we'll track those. No indication that they will be, from what I can see, but here's hoping.

Gryma

So, i've got some news informations about that. I talk again with the support :

So, like they said, the "old" challenges will be disable and hide on Ubisoft Connect. Actually, all old games will not longer have challenges.

I think thats like a "fresh" start with that, some games (like ACOd) should keep challenges.

About that, x3sphere : if, on Exophase, we keep these old challenges, do you think you can delete some games ? I think you dont know actually (like us ^^), but i dont want to keep incompleted game i cant finished in my progress :p

Last edited:

A_M_R_Egypt

Disappointing but not surprising.
Many of their games would have a community feature or a website that gets abandoned soon after.
The same will most likely happen to this "Connect" too ... I give it 1 decade.

Ubisoft Connect a unified name blah blah ..
EA Play a unified ..

Last edited:

tyl0413

Still seems kind of stupid since Steam, Xbox, Origin and others have had achievements for ages and they could upgrade the platform without breaking compatibility with old games.

Arthefran

So, i've got some news informations about that. I talk again with the support :

So, like they said, the "old" challenges will be disable and hide on Ubisoft Connect. Actually, all old games will not longer have challenges.

I think thats like a "fresh" start with that, some games (like ACOd) should keep challenges.

About that, x3sphere : if, on Exophase, we keep these old challenges, do you think you can delete some games ? I think you dont know actually (like us ^^), but i dont want to keep incompleted game i cant finished in my progress :p
Did you have any info about Uplay achievements? Are they deprecated too or kept to maintain parity with Xbox and PS versions? I couldn't find any reference to them in their FAQ or forum posts.

I really hope they don't delete them, that would mean that like 95% Ubisoft games wouldn't have any more progress tracking system on PC

Gryma

Did you have any info about Uplay achievements? Are they deprecated too or kept to maintain parity with Xbox and PS versions? I couldn't find any reference to them in their FAQ or forum posts.

I really hope they don't delete them, that would mean that like 95% Ubisoft games wouldn't have any more progress tracking system on PC

Actually, when you look the video about Ubisoft Connect, you can still see achiev category. So i think you can get them. But i dont have any info from the support about that.

But for challenges, i think it's dead for old games. :(

Arthefran

Actually, when you look the video about Ubisoft Connect, you can still see achiev category. So i think you can get them. But i dont have any info from the support about that.

But for challenges, i think it's dead for old games. :(
Really? In which frame of the trailer did you see it? I only saw a challenges category...

Honestly, if they keep achievements (even put them on the public API, would be consistent with their new hyper-connected stance) and get rid of challenges for back catalogue games, I won’t be bothered. For games who had both, challenges were often duplicates from cheevos, and for older games with only challenges, those were quite generic and uninteresting.

Gryma

Did someone look about Uplay on PC today ? I get all my challenges validated (like impossible challenge on For Honor because alpha or beta challenge). I know we will "loose" them soon, but... WTF? XD

Really? In which frame of the trailer did you see it? I only saw a challenges category...

Honestly, if they keep achievements (even put them on the public API, would be consistent with their new hyper-connected stance) and get rid of challenges for back catalogue games, I won’t be bothered. For games who had both, challenges were often duplicates from cheevos, and for older games with only challenges, those were quite generic and uninteresting.

Sorry, i just fail, that was challenge category. But i think they will keep cheevo category too, no sense to "delete" them.

EDIT : Oh oh, guys, look your dashboard on Chrome (or whatever). You have some "news" about them ! Like Anno 1800, now we have only 15 challenges :O

EDIT 2 : So, i look about my own page on Exophase. Actually, i still have something like 1300+ challenges completed. (dont forget i've only "unique" game on ma page, and actually only PC).
With the "new" system, my number down to... Approximately 300. 😭

Also, we lost 4 games :
- Prince of Persia TFS
- Trials Evo
- Trials Fusion
- Zombi

They didnt give challenges anymore.

Last edited:

Gryma

So... Actually we have now Ubisoft Connect. Games like Hyper Scape, Ghost Recon Breakpoint get new challenge. And we all have 0 challenges completed on these games...

A_M_R_Egypt

So... Actually we have now Ubisoft Connect. Games like Hyper Scape, Ghost Recon Breakpoint get new challenge. And we all have 0 challenges completed on these games...
The new set of challenges for GR Breakpoint are actually different from the ones before Ubisoft Connect "era".
Makes sense we have non of them, though they most are generic stuff, play/ kill/ repeatable missions ..etc I guess they are not retroactive.

Shit I might download it and see if I can earn them through friend pass, I don't actually own it.

Gryma

The new set of challenges for GR Breakpoint are actually different from the ones before Ubisoft Connect "era".
Makes sense we have non of them, though they most are generic stuff, play/ kill/ repeatable missions ..etc I guess they are not retroactive.

Shit I might download it and see if I can earn them through friend pass, I don't actually own it.
I'll wait the end of the maintenance and ill put my feedback here, but yeah, that's new challenge :(

U2NUMB

And just now I got a download link to the new EA software called EA Desktop.. so Origin might be changing as well...

Edit: Installed and I do not see any achievements in the new software just yet.

Last edited: