• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

HELP: confusing Pandora & down/up-grading woes....

andwan0

All this downgrade/upgrade/pandora business is so confusing. Especially if you've been downgrading PSP before pandora existed using exploits... and remember the days of 2.xx and 3.0x custom firmware. I've followed so many different downgrade/upgrade guides throughout the past 4 years of PSP life... and my magic stick has gone through several variants (noobz pandora, hellcat's, etc.)

Is there a geeky techie PSP custom firmware FAQ? For example:

1. Where are the files stored for the "magic stick"? Is it the msipl.bin file?

2. What's a NAND dump for? The one I did is like 34MB large?

3. Pandora process creates folders
/data
/dic
/font
/kd
/registry
/vsh

What are these folders? Do I need to keep them and not delete them?

4. I still have a file called eeprom.bin - as far as I remember this was a back up of my battery serial? But I've lost my original battery now... Do I still need this file?

january39

eXo Staff
Hellcat or someone can probably answer these better, it has been a long time since i modded a PSP but do not delete the folders in Flash0!!

1. Where are the files stored for the "magic stick"? Is it the msipl.bin file?

2. What's a NAND dump for? The one I did is like 34MB large - Do not meddle in the nand area, this is the PSP's memory. Bad blocks in low volumes are normal, NAND contains all the IDstorage etc

3. Pandora process creates folders
/data
/dic
/font
/kd
/registry
/vsh

What are these folders? Do I need to keep them and not delete them? KEEP, these folders are not produced by Pandora - they are the folders in Flash0. Pandora simply allows code to run in place of the FW, thus allowing the installation of CFW.

4. I still have a file called eeprom.bin - as far as I remember this was a back up of my battery serial? But I've lost my original battery now... Do I still need this file? Not really, any serial can be flashed to the battery.