• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help installing leopard...

Sullivan

Ok, I have tried numerous times, and I need help.

I stick the disc in, and follow all the directions and I get to this:

DSC00014-1.jpg

Then, I let it reboot, with the disc in, and I select the partition I installed it to, and when It boots I get this:

DSC00015-1.jpg

FYI: I am using iPC Leopard 10.5.6 (Latest Build)

NEED HELP ASAP!

Sullivan

ill try it, should i do a fresh install and do that, or this -v?

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Do it on this install, -v basically gives you text output instead of the apple and a spiral so you can track down what is wrong.

Take the disk out too.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
-v = verbose output, do it during bootup

In my experience(20+ installs, all but one failed) the graphics chipset, hard drive mode(raid/ahci/ide/the like), video memory, a bunch of different things can cause it.

What is your computer model#?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I dont know much about ipc but try leo4all or ideneb.

Leo4all installed on 8/9 machines i tried it on

ideneb installed on 9/18 machines i tried.

Or you cauld also use the more legal hackintosh option installed 4/4 machines i tried. only thing is with that you need an otc osx leopard disk.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Sullivan, it's rather difficult to help people with osx86.

You can't just install it, you have to make sure that you have all the right things checked in "customize" and getting it to work with some hardware is a real pain.

iPC has worked rather well for me, but I have had the best luck with kalyway 10.5.2

But like Hiratai said, the best way to get osx is to get a real mac

ilyace

Sullivan, it's rather difficult to help people with osx86.

You can't just install it, you have to make sure that you have all the right things checked in "customize" and getting it to work with some hardware is a real pain.

iPC has worked rather well for me, but I have had the best luck with kalyway 10.5.2

But like Hiratai said, the best way to get osx is to get a real mac

What he said.

Each installation is (most likely) gonna require different settings and tweaks depending on your hardware. If you can't get any help I recommend that you go to the insanelymac forums, they are extremely helpful for this type of stuff over there.

Sullivan

Well i have a gigabyte ud3p, most of you guys should know my setup. You told me what to buy and I did.

Well, leopard ended up fucking up my whole external drive, to the point where i couldn't repair win7, so i started all over.

Greyone

Well i have a gigabyte ud3p, most of you guys should know my setup. You told me what to buy and I did.

Well, leopard ended up fucking up my whole external drive, to the point where i couldn't repair win7, so i started all over.

So you're blaming us now ? :\

And it sounds like YOU formatted the whole drive instead of a partition. You couldn't have killed windows 7 by installing leopard.

Sullivan

No, im not blaming you guys, lol. Im just mad sorry.

And i just ended up formatting it all and starting over.

Can I not just select the basic standard options for leopard? or do I have to go int and select all those custom options... I think I do.

Greyone

No, im not blaming you guys, lol. Im just mad sorry.

And i just ended up formatting it all and starting over.

Can I not just select the basic standard options for leopard? or do I have to go int and select all those custom options... I think I do.

Most of the time you will have to go in and select custom settings, there are very few distros that will work by default.

Ferris

So uh... What do you say for their time and effort, Sullivan? They put forth effort for you :/
You can't just leave that there. They were in no way obligated by anyone or anything, they were just being nice... Do you have something to say? :D

Sullivan

So uh... What do you say for their time and effort, Sullivan? They put forth effort for you :/
You can't just leave that there. They were in no way obligated by anyone or anything, they were just being nice... Do you have something to say? :D

I said thanks for helping pick out parts for my build.

Seth and Frenchy were really the two that helped. And I am sure they didn't mind putting forth some time helping me on my first build.

Ferris

Ok, I have tried numerous times, and I need help.
I stick the disc in, and follow all the directions and I get to this:
Then, I let it reboot, with the disc in, and I select the partition I installed it to, and when It boots I get this:
Click the image to open in full size.
FYI: I am using iPC Leopard 10.5.6 (Latest Build)
NEED HELP ASAP! HALP! HALP! HALP! HALP! HALP! HALP! HALP! HALP!

I said thanks for helping pick out parts for my build.
Seth and Frenchy were really the two that helped. And I am sure they didn't mind putting forth some time helping me on my first build.

Surely they don't value their time at all, right? And you can't just hand out thanks like candy. People are undeserving. Even those who read your "HELP HELP HELP!!" and end up having nothing to offer you, knowing nothing about the subject have spent time and put forth effort into seeing if they could help you.

I see no statement of your appreciation of peoples' effort in this thread. Why would anyone help you if they figure you wouldn't appreciate it anyway? For future reference, people who read this, Sullivan rarely cares whether you answer him or not, he just demands it. If you're tempted to read or help him with his various issues, recall you won't get so much as a thank you for your time.

Sullivan

stfu leave if you have nothing to help me with this issue. please, i dont give a damn what you have to say to me, just keep posting shit about me ok? too many asses.

Ferris

Stfu. Leave if you are not helping me with this issue. This forum's purpose is purely to please me with nothing in return, ok? Don't say anything if it isn't helpful to me. There are too many asses here. Waaaaaaahhhhhhh.

I'm not being too much of an ass and I'm not being too impolite. I'm trying to get you to think more about what you say, and to let people know you appreciate what they do for you so they don't end up hating you more than they do. You realize people talk about this, right? "Why help him? He never even thanks people... There isn't any use"
If you help people online, the only thing you can expect in return is a sense of gratification - if you don't provide that, you take out what joy was there. People don't just help others to waste time. If they do, they've surely got to reevaluate their values. There are better things to do with your life. You've still not thanked anyone- and you're calling me an ass for pointing it out, 'sif you can't easily fix it, 'sif you've a reason not to.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
stfu leave if you have nothing to help me with this issue. please, i dont give a damn what you have to say to me, just keep posting shit about me ok? too many asses.

If you're going to respond in a flame, think about reporting the post first.

Anyhow, yes, you need to configure the thing if ever you plan on getting it working, as it requires a bunch of this and that.