• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help! Just a little Help.

romantic24

Sorry guys, I posted this thread here because most of the people visits here. I just nee some help. Ok, this is my problem, my computer cannot read DVD files but I do have a DVD-RW (samsung). I already installed the CD with it when I bought it. Anyone? Sorry for my english.

romantic24

what I have to do to solve my prob? 'coz my DVD-RW cannot read any DVD files. When I insert a DVD, it is always blank. Sorry for my english.

unlockingsky

try reinstalling the drivers?

Sliderkk

If your trying to watch a video DVD you will need commercial software that is not always bundled with computers.

romantic24

How old is the drive?

I just bought it last year. August 1, 2008 @ 9:43pm in SM Manila. Ahahahah. Is that enough answer?

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM EST ----------

If your trying to watch a video DVD you will need commercial software that is not always bundled with computers.

No, I can watch DVD video. My problem is that my driver cannot detect any files. Example, a burned ISO file. Ahaha. Sorry for my bad english.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM EST ----------

You need a DVD Decoder.
Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 4.9.5
Download and install this.

I Downloaded it but I got the same result. When I insert the DVD a small screen appears saying "Make Audio CD, Make Data Disk, CREATE YOUR OWN DISK, OPEN WRITABLE CD folder, and ETC." I'm using samsung, DVD-RW multi-decoder. Tsk. What's wrong? Please help me. And I already installed the Samsung DVD Writer with Nero.

But anyways, tnx for your help guys. I need more help. :D

Adiuvo

Have you tried inserting a blank DVD and seeing if it does the same thing.

You might also want to download VLC Media Player and try to open the disk anyways.