• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Help Needed] 2D Artist for PC Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'll just include here the information that matters.

Talent we're searching for:

A 2D Artist/Animator: Someone who can do 2D Art and possibly animate it for the game.

Style:

For this project we are looking for someone who can do dark/goth/hellish art. More details will be given upon further talk. If he can also make the scenarios, it would be a big plus.

Compensation:

There will be no upfront payment, but after the game's release every team member will get an equal share of the profits. The game is going to be released on Steam (possibly) and then if all goes well other platforms such as Android, iOS, PS3, 360 and Wii (but that's a big IF).

Reply here or mail me at NunoSousa86@gmail.com

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I'd like to hand forward my application, which I will be doing through this post.

I'm 18 from the UK, and I have always loved designing and creating things. I've hoped this would lead me into the game development industry and I believe that being in this project would be extremely beneficial to me, and also to the team who will use my art. All my skills are self-taught, but I have spent years practicing and developing them.

Here are a few examples of my work:

RoMc1.png

This is a piece I worked on for the past few weeks, it took me a while but I'm finally happy with the result. Originally I intended to portray an intelligent creature with an unexpected appearance. I decided to go with something that, at first looked completely harmless, however it is an incredibly dangerous monster. The slime it leaves behind is an extremely toxic cyanide mixture that is naturally exuded from the skin. Coming into contact with it will result in almost immediate death. The mustache is a comic sign of it's intelligence which I wanted to include.

zQt7E.png

With this I wanted to create a common but fearsome enemy. It has a vivid and colourful appearance which I thought could indicate how dangerous it is, much like how poisonous toads appear. However this mammal isn't poisonous, its main attack method is to jump and land on its foe upside-down in a backflip style movement. The three spikes are razor-sharp and can penetrate any material, which makes it a perilous foe. The facial expression never changes, and gives the monster an eery shocked look which will unsettle any creature.

bmtnK.png

Here is the last piece I will show. It is a basic human sprite, with a few differences. Firstly the hair isn't hair at all, instead the character features a flaming mane that burns at approx. 500C. This could be something it could take advantage of by headbutting any enemy it faces. Because he has this unique ability I felt that the only way to include this would be to make him impervious to heat or fire. He is missing a hand, yet in the other he carries a Kukri which he weilds with an expert skill level. To nerf this I decided to give him two stubs instead of feet, so he has to hobble when he walks and running is painful for him.

I hope you'll consider my application when deciding who to bring into your team, thank you for reading.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
haha very funny

Serideth

I'm going to open this Kerza because it's a legit thread and I might be interested in applying myself, never mind Andy he's common rif raff.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

ilyace

will u be doing any writing for the game??? i can offer cheap english lessons for u and maybe i could be considered part of the team as well???

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Concept art is one thing but I mean game art. If Castlevania is your only reference or idea than it IS going to be a carbon copy - you need a bit more influence sources.

Castlevania
Dante's Inferno
Legacy of Kain
Oblivion (the land beyond the gates in TESIV: Oblivion)
God of War's Underworld

Status
Not open for further replies.