• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help Pls.

The-R

The One & Only
I Want To Learn Programming For PSP for a project that i want to do at school. can anyone refer me to any tutorials, SDK, and/or tools for developing an app for the PSP....?

Dan

Contributor
I'll quote Menace because he'd end up doing it anyway.

MenaceInc said:
If you really wanna go for the PSP, you can use cygwin and the psptoolchain which takes a while to setup. For more info on that, I'd recommend checking out PSP-Programming.com and looking through the tutorial section. A warning though, the guide to setting up cygwin correctly on that site is old and out-of-date. I've tried contacting flatmush, one of the admin on their site to get it fixed but they were having issues with editting the posts.

angelsniper45

I Want To Learn Programming For PSP for a project that i want to do at school. can anyone refer me to any tutorials, SDK, and/or tools for developing an app for the PSP....?

Theres plenty of examples here. For example, look in the help thread in the development section. Then go look in the PC tutorial grounds. Theres plenty of ways to install the toolchain.

ALways go for the autmated installers though, running entire scripts of the toolchain to forever.

The-R

The One & Only
thanks everyone. ill look into these options. need to start working on a project for school and i figure i might as well sufffer through programming for sumthin i love. hopefully it all works out.

angelsniper45

thanks everyone. ill look into these options. need to start working on a project for school and i figure i might as well sufffer through programming for sumthin i love. hopefully it all works out.

your welcome bro. the hardest part is getting started. after that youll be able to come up with somehting and within a week or so BAM! you got, so hope all goes well with the school :)

btw, which school are you talking about?

The-R

The One & Only
i attend university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Information Science and as the final part of the degree i have to create a program from scratch so i figured i wud write a program for the PSP that basically functions as a datebook planner. so u can set notes for certain days like little reminders of events or such coming up with an alarm function to notify you of it. so i really wanna give this my all and hopefully create sumthin i can be proud of and even spread to my fellow PSP users.

Alex

i attend university pursuing a bachelor's degree in Information Science and as the final part of the degree i have to create a program from scratch so i figured i wud write a program for the PSP that basically functions as a datebook planner. so u can set notes for certain days like little reminders of events or such coming up with an alarm function to notify you of it. so i really wanna give this my all and hopefully create sumthin i can be proud of and even spread to my fellow PSP users.

sounds great, but tricky. good luck.

coyotebean

One note, the freely available PSP SDK can only be used with "hacked" PSP.

The-R

The One & Only
sounds great, but tricky. good luck.

yea i kinda was hoping it wudnt be but nothing worthwhile is easy so hopefully its not too tricky cause my grade and graduating is at stake. gonna try start reading up this weekend and see what progress i make.