• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Help with Hackintosh @Kezra

El Diablo

Hey, you wouldn't happen to still use your hackintosh or have decent knowledge of it would you? I was browsing the hackint0sh forums and saw a post by you about some problem I'm having. Just wondering if you still use it and have any experience with it and could possibly help out a noob in need of help or if that was a one time thing and you don't mess with it anymore.

Seth

MD Party Room
I have some backround in hackintosh what you need help with

El Diablo

I think I may have sorted it out actually. I was trying to install Snow Leopard and things kept going wrong until I more or less "bricked" the OS by letting it go into sleep mode, but before that I was having issues with all of the kexts and things not working. I just was able to download a different version of this M11x Lion Installer tool, which is supposed to set it up for you with everything working, and get it working so I'm in the process of trying to install Lion now since the other version of the installer I had was broken.

The main problem I need help with now is the bootloader. I started off with Windows 7 and Backtrack 5 installed and both booted fine from grub, everything was okay. After chameleon got installed, it does not see the linux (backtrack) installation. All I have it OSX, Windows 7, and System Reserved. Also for whatever reason if I choose windows 7, I get a bootmgr is missing error, yet if I choose system reserved, it will actually boot into Win7. Do you have any idea how I could get linux to show up in chameleon, or is it possible to install grub again and use that? Assuming I can reinstall grub I can boot from Windows 7 fine in there, but if I can't is there anyway to fix why the partitions seem messed up in chameleon?

El Diablo

Okay so...I was able to get my m11x Lion Installer to work and get it installed on my laptop and everything works perfectly that should be, I just need a new wireless card. The only issue I have though now is the bootloader and linux not showing up in it. If I boot into backtrack and reinstall it, will grub overwrite chameleon and have all 3 OSs showing up there?

LocutusEstBorg

I've got everything working 100% on my PC. I don't see why you can't extract the 512 byte Chameleon bootsector and have GRUB/NTLDR load it as a binary.

I have a USB stick with NTLDR as the actual bootloader and I make it load GRUB (to further load Memtest or Linux), Windows PE, DOS or Offline NT Password editor.

idbtao

I just was able to download a different version of this M11x Lion Installer tool, which is supposed to set it up for you with everything working, and get it working so I'm in the process of trying to install Lion now since the other version of the installer I had was broken.??