• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Hey All!

Righteous Nixon

Figured I would pop in here and do my formal introduction. My name is Michael, I am 43 years old and have been an avid gamer from the very beginning. My uncle purchased the original Magnavox Odyssey Pong Console for my family back when they first came out in the late 70's. Oh, the hours that we spent playing that game!! The Intellivision soon followed and from there the Atari 2600 and Colecovision. Then I jumped over to the computer side with the Vic-20, Commodore 64, Commodore 128, and finally the Amiga 500. I have basically owned every major console ever released in the US with one exception, the Wii U. In fact, up until like 9 months ago, I still owned all of them. Unfortunately, I was forced to sell off a big chunk of my gaming collection as I needed the room to expand my darkroom. I didn't sell all of them tho. I did keep the consoles from the last 3 generations, dating back to the original Xbox and PS2.

Gaming has played a major role in my life for so long....well, its simply a part of who I am. I will no doubt be playing games right up until the end. My favorite genre is definitely point and click style adventure games. I grew up playing the classics from Sierra and Lucasart's and I am just ecstatic that the genre has made such a huge comeback in recent years. For the longest time, the genre was considered dead by everyone in the industry. None of the big companies would even think about producing an adventure game. Now we have companies like Telltale, Double Fine and Daedalic Entertainment producing adventure games left and right. There are so many being produced its actually hard keeping up with all of them. Even Sierra has been brought back from the dead and a new Kings Quest is being worked on. All in all, these are good times for adventure game fans. Beyond that, I really enjoy all kinds of games. There really isn't a genre that I don't enjoy. That said, its the games with a quality story and quality characters that I enjoy the most. I consider graphics to be the single least important aspect to a game. 1080p, 900p, 720p, it just doesn't matter to me.

A little bit more about myself, I'm an architectural photographer and I own my own photography business. The best part about my job is I only work from mid-April to mid to late September and then have the rest of the year off. So I basically only work 5-6 months out of the year. That gives me tons of free time to play games and shoot pictures for myself. I absolutely LOVE the outdoors. Some of my favorite activities include hiking, backpacking, camping, canoeing/kayaking, mountain biking etc. Gotta have my outdoor's time! I am also a total space junkie and an avid backyard astronomer. I am also an avid collector at heart. I have way too many collecting hobbies, with new one's popping up all the time. I collect limited edition prints, comics and original comic art, Sideshow statues, replica weapons (mostly sci-fi), vintage Kodak memorabilia, antique/vintage camera's and lenses, art books and sketch books, vintage Belstaff and Barbour jackets, etc. I absolutely love going to estate sales and auctions.

Well, thats about it. I am basically an obsessed photographer, one that loves collecting, playing video games, and spending time outdoors!

So hello to everyone! Glad to be a part of the community!