• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 How long does it take to get a xbox repair?

the title says it... I hear somebody xbox got repair took 6 months :closedeyes: is that true?

because right now my brothers xbox RROD. lol

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
It took them about a week of holding my non-modified console before sending it back still borked with a kindly worded letter telling me to go fuck myself in the kindest way possible.

that's good. my brother was flipped out going "shit!!! its going to take six months!". I told him to clam the fuck down, risk of rrod is lower now days. shouldn't take repair process that long.

Spiros

Maiki
I had to send mine in a couple years ago, because it would get so hot after 10 minutes of use, that I could smell melting plastic, took them about 3 weeks to get it back to me.

Although most likely your going to end up with a random refurbished 360, this is the only thing that pisses me off. They just send a refurbished one that's not necessarily yours. So you have no idea how much abuse it's taken.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I had to send mine in a couple years ago, because it would get so hot after 10 minutes of use, that I could smell melting plastic, took them about 3 weeks to get it back to me.

Although most likely your going to end up with a random refurbished 360, this is the only thing that pisses me off. They just send a refurbished one that's not necessarily yours. So you have no idea how much abuse it's taken.

i've done 3 rrod repaired, 360's and have never been given a refurbished one, so i don't know how much truth that holds, anywho, it ranged between 2-2 1/2 weeks for any of mine that i've sent back

AFRO

For both of my friends it took 2-3 weeks , but it depends on what is wrong with your xbox , i dont think it would take 6 months , microsoft sends you a new xbox if the damages are too bad .

Just hope they send him a jasper because he plays it every weekend and his g/f uses it as a dvd player.

That's when it happen, a movie. wow! not sure if bad air flow was the cause of it. it would be nice if Microsoft sends him the new xbox