• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How to combine multi-disc PS1 games into a single EBOOT?

Krelian

Alright, I've done a fair amount of searching and I can't find any information on how to make a PSone game that spans multiple CDs into just one EBOOT.
Psychospacefish made a "fix" that combines the two discs of Parasite Eve into one ISO that is compatible with PopStation.
Are there any other games that a similar patch has been made for?
Does anyone know where I can start reading to create any more single EBOOT games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, I've done a fair amount of searching and I can't find any information on how to make a PSone game that spans multiple CDs into just one EBOOT.
Psychospacefish made a "fix" that combines the two discs of Parasite Eve into one ISO that is compatible with PopStation.
Are there any other games that a similar patch has been made for?
Does anyone know where I can start reading to create any more single EBOOT games?

There is no easy way to do this.. each game has it's own disc checking routine so you'd have to decompile the code, find where the disc check(s) are occurring, and patch them. Requires some ASM knowledge :mellow:

I believe the Parasite Eve one is the only single eboot patch. With CWCheat multi-disc games aren't much of an issue anymore anyways..

Darkchild

The Doctor
There is no easy way to do this.. each game has it's own disc checking routine so you'd have to decompile the code, find where the disc check(s) are occurring, and patch them. Requires some ASM knowledge :mellow:

I believe the Parasite Eve one is the only single eboot patch. With CWCheat multi-disc games aren't much of an issue anymore anyways..

erm...he/she would have to delete the part where the game asks for the next CD and then program it to continue reading from it's data...which would also not be easy...

might as well have it in multiple Eboots..Easyer :p

apoc_reg

My problem is i have 2 eboots (mgs1) but dont know how to use them!

When the game asks to change to disc two what do ido??

Using 3.90m33-3 (popsloader running 3.72 to play game)

Please help!!

Chilly Willy

Contributor
My problem is i have 2 eboots (mgs1) but dont know how to use them!

When the game asks to change to disc two what do ido??

Using 3.90m33-3 (popsloader running 3.72 to play game)

Please help!!

You need to go back to the original disks and make them into a single multi-disc EBOOT using the converters out now. The latest psx2psp should do that properly now (the older versions had a bug in multi-disc generation).

apoc_reg

Thanks guys i'll dig out my retail copy of metal gear then.... hope my save game will work as my retail is the vr missions one where as out of lazyness i just got eboot from somewhere else.

surprised people bother creating multiple eboots if they can be used?

B2K24

surprised people bother creating multiple eboots if they can be used?

Some people are limited to MS space so they are forced to also, combining multidisc into single EBOOT is somewhat of a new thing compared to folks running PS1 in the 3.03 OE-A days.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
ok that makes sense.Does that mean that there is an old method for using different eboots for each disc?

Use the same disc id for all the discs and hope there are save points right before the disc swap. :biggrin:

The other method (when a save point wasn't available) was to save close to the swap point, play past the swap point on a PC until you hit the next save point, then move back to the PSP.