• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How-To: Is your PSP Mobo a TA-088v3?

spoon_key

I'd be quite happy to donate something to get you the PSP you require, I would have gone as far as buy you one myself but the pooch is having an op on Monday which is costing us a small fortune. I'm sure you all know how much vets charge!

If you take donations let me know in a pm and ill do so.

Just one question, what happens to the older version PSP's that are hackabale, will these still be supported with hacked firmware?

Many thanks

Spoon_Key

roden

Hi guys, i just purchased a slim with the G on the box, and it had FW 3.95,

Flashed with 3.90 M33 Fine :)

Having trouble doing an update on wireless though, keep getting some weird file fetch error?

laaaap

identify psp before buying ...

:huh::huh::huh:

well .. i just want to add this :

i have bought an PSP with G letter on the end , and i have installed m33 without problems ...so i think letter G still could be from old series.

Siliqua

Hi,

Just want to get word from someone here, have there been any developments on installing CFW on this mobo? Really hope so.

angelsniper45

So DAX, is it really true that you got through the security of the 88v3 this weekend?? I saw that news post over at consolespot, sounds to good to be true!

suryasel

hi every one. i'm a newbie in here.
i want to ask, how to upgrade or downgrade mobo v3???
i have tried to use dc3, dc4, dc5, and the last dc7. but it just light green forever...
please tell how must i do???

tobyfan

does the following steps make the psp brick? It seems that if the psp is 88v3, PSP keeps turned on with a green light forever. How can i recover it back to original configuration?

Thanks.

Download this pack. And follow this instructions:

First Step: You need to format your memory stick with the app called "mspformat" that is included.

- Connect your PSP via USB.
- Format it using the command "mspformat E", being "E" the letter of your PSP on your PC.
- Program will ask you to confirm it, press Y.
- Plug out your PSP. IMPORTANT: DO NOT format again the MS within the PSP until this test has finished.
- Connect again the PSP via USB, and manually create PSP and PSP/GAME folders.

Next step must be done on a PSP homebrew capable (with CFW). If you don't have it, ask someone else to do this step and give you the resultant files.

- Copy the GETIPL folder to PSP/GAME. Get the 3.90 and 4.05 updates, and put them onto the MS root with the following names: "390.PBP", "405.PBP".
- Run the GETIPL app from your PSP homebrew capable, and it will create a couple of files on the MS root, called "ipl390.bin", "ipl405.bin".
- Connect the PSP via USB, and use the "msinst" program that its included on the pack to install the 3.90 IPL on the MS.
- You must do it this way: "msinst E E:\ipl390.bin", being "E" your PSP letter on your PC. Program will ask you to confirm it, press Y.

Insert the MS with the 3.90IPL installed onto the PSP that you want to confirm if it's a TA-088v3 or not, and turn it on with a Pandora Battery plugged in. You'll have two possible results:

- PSP turns off inmediatly after starting - Your PSP is NOT a 88v3.
- PSP keeps turned on with a green light forever - Your PSP is a 88v3, or you have done something wrong. Next step will confirm it.

- Connect again the PSP via USB, and use again the msinst, but this time with the 405IPL. Remember, "msinst E E:\ipl405.bin", being E your PSP letter on your PC.

Try to load it again with a Pandora battery. You have two possible results:

- PSP turns off inmediatly. If PSP turns off inmediatly with this IPL and on the other test it had that green light forever, it will be 100% sure a 88v3.

- PSP keeps with a green light forever. This CANT be on any PSP, being 88v3 or not. If this is the case, youve done something wrong.

xtrabil

hi all, I`m newbie here.

May I ask
This application (88v3id.rar) still need PSP with Homebrew capable and Pandora batttery to run it.
so what should I do if my PSP still with OFW 4.01 and I want to check my mobo PSP? I dont have any single PSP with CFW.

BloodHalo117

So my psp is from amazon, with ofw 4.01 (but now i put 4.05). on the box, it doen't show the same boxcode as from the one posted here on the first page. but those this mean my psp has ta-88v3 mobo and it's unhackable?

bustos69

TA-088v3 is there any hope?

It is difficult to fix something you don't have :p
I'm trying to get one unit, until then I won't know for sure how secure they are. Also it is unknown wether PSP3000 will have same security as TA88-V3 or something different.

Hi there.

First of all, thanks for all the wonderful work you

BloodHalo117

So my psp is from amazon, with ofw 4.01 (but now i put 4.05). on the box, it doen't show the same boxcode as from the one posted here on the first page. but those this mean my psp has ta-88v3 mobo and it's unhackable?

Anyone wanna help me here?

angelsniper45

if it was brand new yes, if it was used, you still might have a chance.

NeoDio

I have a PSP Slim 2004 PB G with OFW 4.01 and a Sony 3.6v 1200mAh battery

I can't create a pandora battery to test for the TA-088v3 so I just guided myself through these two images from DAX's forum:

My PSP might be hackable if I manage to get a pandora somehow to test it.

QuikFingaz

GGGAAAHHH!!!

Wow... It's already May 2009 and the Slim still has this problem :crying:

I'm in exactly the same boat as BloodHalo. I recently bought my PSP Slim (2001, not 2000) from Amazon (brand new) and have no friends that can let me turn their battery into a Pandora Battery. They all have the phat one, while I'm the only moron with a non-hackable PSP. But what makes it worse it's that they are not even willing to hack their PSPs, so I can't even freaking test to see if I got the 088v3 board or not without paying for a freaking battery that's not even gonna help me mod my Slim...

My PSP box did NOT have the
psp_version2.png

anywhere to be found. Only a bar code and a serial #. THAT'S IT.

All of this just because I read outdated info from 2007 and early 2008. I HATE when people don't keep their first posts up to date and organized!

I feel like I just shot myself in the foot...

january39

eXo Staff
That serial refers to a PSP-1000 which is a phat. PSP-1002.

Update it to 5.03 and use Davee ChickHen, least you can play homebrew which ultimatley is the better thing

paldube

ta-088v3?

i have psp slims 2006 and it got brick. . .is there anyway to fix it? . .i dont know whats its motherboard either. . .:confused1:

Alex

how did you brick it and what firmware was it before?