• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

HP order touchpad liquidation

Seth

MD Party Room
Dear Valued Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your recent Barnes & Noble order for "HP TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory".

Due to unexpected customer demand for this item, our inventory was depleted prior to your order being processed so we are unable to fulfill this item as requested. Consequently, we have canceled your order and you will not be billed for this amount.

You may see an authorization on your credit or debit card for the order, but please be assured you will not be charged. The authorization will be released in accordance with your bank's policies.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble

Customer Service
Just got mine

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
What are you doing with the other one you bought x3? I'll buy it off you with a $50 markup plus shipping if you planned on selling it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What are you doing with the other one you bought x3? I'll buy it off you with a $50 markup plus shipping if you planned on selling it.

No luck at any local stores? I might check my local bestbuy tomorrow (although will probably be sold out) because I need to go shopping for some clothes so I'll be in the area.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I didn't bother checking; was too busy at work.

If you get the chance then hit up any local stores (Best Buy, Staples, Walmart) and see if they have any left in stock. A bit late now since the news has been out since Friday but worth a shot.

Seth

MD Party Room
I think I might wait a month see what prices will be like on ebay..

Adiuvo

Can you stick a pair of headphones in and see if the speakers turn off automatically? Mine won't, but I've yet to update it.

xploren

Contributor
I bet mine will get cancelled. What did the cancellation email say?

Yeah, I got what Seth got.

According to the SlickDeals thread, they never really had much stock to begin with.

On another note, if you find any demo units at RadioShack, you can go ahead and buy them. HP has lifted the account creation ban on demo TouchPads and I'm running mine smoothly.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The phone in electronics at my Target was blowing up today. I could have answered "Thanks for calling Target, we are out of the HP TouchPads, thanks for calling" and saved some of my time.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Alright Abe I'm going shopping for clothes now and if I find a touchpad would you like me to pick one up? Probablysold out but ill look. If you see this in the next hour just send me a PM if you want me to

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Checked again at my Best Buy Abe and had no luck today (supposedly some stores are getting a second shipment of touchpads today). So if you have time in your schedule I would recommend calling Best Buy in your area

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The WebOS interface is nice but too much lag and loading going on. If Android is ported I will jump on it in a heartbeat but not keeping my hopes up. Works well for e-mail and web, which is why I bought it.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The WebOS interface is nice but too much lag and loading going on. If Android is ported I will jump on it in a heartbeat but not keeping my hopes up. Works well for e-mail and web, which is why I bought it.

Well, it's already been ported. A few TouchPads somehow leaked from Qualcomm's testing labs, with Android 2.2.1 on them. Someone already dumped the ROM and they're trying to get it installed now.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/25/android-2-2-1-system-dump-from-hp-touchpad-now-available/

xploren

Contributor
You can easily overclock your TouchPad if you want to speed it up. No need for any jailbreaking and the like, here are the instructions: http://www.webosbuzz.com/hp-touchpad/694-how-overclock-hp-touchpad-1-5ghz.html I overclocked mine yesterday or so and battery life hasn't been affected whatsoever. Battery life on this thing is fantastic by the way.

Also the Preware application you install during the overclocking process is pretty cool. I guess it's the equivalent of Cydia on iOS, but it can be installed without jailbreaking. It's great how HP's embraced homebrew on webOS.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm annoyed I couldn't get my hands on one. How's the web browsing on it? That's pretty much all I would have used it for anyway.