• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

I can't link to my origin account

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
What is your username on Origin?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Are you sure that's the correct username?

I tried adding you as a friend to see if the account exists, but it doesn't show up, I only see the following results:

Capture.PNG

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just added you. Do you see it?
Yes. I was able to manually add your profile to the site so you should able to link it now.

Not sure why your profile doesn't show up in the user search, but it doesn't affect normal profile scans, just the initial user lookup. Nothing I can really do about it as it is an issue on EA's side though. Anyway, should be all good now.

Last edited:

sadgull

Yes. I was able to manually add your profile to the site so you should able to link it now.

Not sure why your profile doesn't show up in the user search, but it doesn't affect normal profile scans, just the initial user lookup. Nothing I can really do about it as it is an issue on EA's side though. Anyway, should be all good now.
Thanks for the help.

What is your username on Origin?
I need help trying to link my Origin account too. ThunDragonRandy. However, I'm getting the "Origin information could not be retrieved. This may be due to privacy settings on your account." error when I typed my Origin username in. I checked my privacy settings to make sure it's available public and it is public. I think I once changed my Origin username in the past but I also tried my previous username and that didn't work.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I need help trying to link my Origin account too. ThunDragonRandy. However, I'm getting the "Origin information could not be retrieved. This may be due to privacy settings on your account." error when I typed my Origin username in. I checked my privacy settings to make sure it's available public and it is public. I think I once changed my Origin username in the past but I also tried my previous username and that didn't work.
Unfortunately this isn't a site issue, it seems like user lookups started failing on Origin recently. If I try adding you as a friend, nothing comes up on Origin either. Maybe changing the username has something to do with it.

You'll have to add me as a friend on Origin (x3sphere) so I can view your profile and manually add it. Picking up game activity still works fine, it's just the initial lookup that fails. Hopefully EA will fix this soon...

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately this isn't a site issue, it seems like user lookups started failing on Origin recently. If I try adding you as a friend, nothing comes up on Origin either. Maybe changing the username has something to do with it.

You'll have to add me as a friend on Origin (x3sphere) so I can view your profile and manually add it. Picking up game activity still works fine, it's just the initial lookup that fails. Hopefully EA will fix this soon...

View attachment 11360
I sent you a friend request on Origin now. Does it show anything on your side now?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I Am Having The Same Error
You should be able to link it, I tested and was just able to successfully (although there appear to be no earned achievements on the account yet).

Inspy Kat

Hello, x3sphere! Could you please check why my EA profile called "inspectorcats" is not getting updates on Exophase? I'm sure I made my EA profile public, but Exophase says it's still private.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hello, x3sphere! Could you please check why my EA profile called "inspectorcats" is not getting updates on Exophase? I'm sure I made my EA profile public, but Exophase says it's still private.
Maybe it was a temporary issue with EA, I just checked and it seems to have picked up your activity since.