• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I need a new server!

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I wasn't sure where to post so sorry if in wrong forum!

basically im bored of my basic server and i want to upgrade to a more powerful one :)

Im looking either a VPS or a Dedicated Server.
Some stuff it should have:

• Nice size hard drive
  • Decent size Ram
  • Good Bandwidth
  • Good switch box speeds!
  • cpanel
  • Not too Expensive

Ive been looking everywhere and cannot find a good deal.

Please if you guys would help me out a post a few links that you thought where good would be helpful thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Would help to know your budget. I have no idea what you mean by "not too expensive." That's a vague, relative term, especially when it comes to server hardware.

A_Nub

Developer
hostmonster.com is what I use, 1TB bandwidth per month, unlimited webspace, fast, and I think we pay about $9 bucks a month. Ill have to check on the pricing.

RoBz

sucker
hostmonster.com is what I use, 1TB bandwidth per month, unlimited webspace, fast, and I think we pay about $9 bucks a month. Ill have to check on the pricing.
He's looking for dedi or VPS, doesn't sound like you have either of them. Actually, I can't see them on hostmonster.com either.

I have had my server with OVH for a while now. Look at kimsufi.com for the cheap ones and OVH for the more expensive deals. I use the bottom of the range kimsufi, it has unlimited bandwidth, but I'm a little wary on the speed, they have been known to throttle connections outside of Europe.

I'm actually thinking on moving and getting a server with Server.lu maybe check them out too. Also, SoftLayer is good.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Would help to know your budget. I have no idea what you mean by "not too expensive." That's a vague, relative term, especially when it comes to server hardware.

We sort of have a budget around $300 - $500 but we could push to $1000 if we needed too.

I use hostmonster.com and i must say there shared hosting is really awesome. I get unlimited bandwidth with them lol and its like $7 a month.

He's looking for dedi or VPS, doesn't sound like you have either of them. Actually, I can't see them on hostmonster.com either.

I have had my server with OVH for a while now. Look at kimsufi.com for the cheap ones and OVH for the more expensive deals. I use the bottom of the range kimsufi, it has unlimited bandwidth, but I'm a little wary on the speed, they have been known to throttle connections outside of Europe.

I'm actually thinking on moving and getting a server with Server.lu maybe check them out too. Also, SoftLayer is good.

Thanks for the links man :) hopefully i find a good deal there.

Hardrive

Contributor
I am unfamiliar with web hosts, but I am looking at buying one myself.

Do companies such as hostmonster frown on torrenting from your "unlimited" account? Or is it truly unlimited, you can do whatever you want with your SSH access.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
I am unfamiliar with web hosts, but I am looking at buying one myself.

Do companies such as hostmonster frown on torrenting from your "unlimited" account? Or is it truly unlimited, you can do whatever you want with your SSH access.

it is unlimited space you can upload anything you want as long as its not illegal etc.

if your looking to start a website then dont choose anyother company but this : ChooseCheap
they offer a $0.99 a month package which is awesome there servers are really fast and they give you good bandwidth and space for only $0.99 there site is down but you can get talking to jet on msn.