• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

i updated to 4.2 :O is this a problem??

vukmatic

I was following your guide and the first thing that it said was that i had to update and since my wii was on the 3.1u firmware or something like that i updated and now i am on 4.2! Is this a problem for this hack :O?????
did i just make a big mistake??? please reply quickly!!

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
the bannerbomb v2 hack is made specifically for system menu 4.2. its very easy and will still allow you to install everything in the hackmii installer v0.6.

i would provide you a link but i cant since i only have 9 posts :( but if you google "bannerbomb v2" it should be the first link. it contains all the instructions and links to everything you need. i hope this helps :)

p.s. - now i can post links!

WalangAlam

I'm on 4.2U and I got no problem softmodding it. 4.2 is the easiest to softmod actually IMO

WalangAlam

yep. I just bought mine last January 2010. It's on 4.2U and I softmodded it easily. It can't read pirated/burnt DVD games though since it has the latest DVD drive (d3-2) so I used a usb loader. I'm playing my back up games using an usb 2.5" external 500GB HDD. I have 70+ games saved in my external HDD at the moment. Enjoying New Super Mario Bros. a lot.:love:

Dmoney

PSP Dman
yeah man, i haven't been in the Wii hacking scene for a while, but i do remember a bunch of guides to making your own virtual Console channels by using roms you've downloaded or owned (games that are not avabillie on the wii shop channel :D) if you guys want me to post a thread of how to do it let me know or not ;) btw, like said if your on 4.x firmwares its best to use the bannerbomb hack of whichever ones. and there are rumors that Team Twizzers are creating a exploit bannerbomb for the newest firmwares soon.