• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

idea/debate should exophase partner with another forum

canadajames

Soon to be hardware mod
Well I'm not sure if any forums do this ever but I was just wondering if this forum could possibly make a partnership with another forum. Basically refer each other to each own respective sites for things missing in each site. I know exopahse hasn't exactly been around forever and I often go to maxconsole for certain things which I can't find on this site so if both sites were ok with it would the members of exophase consider trying to work oout a partnership. Might bring more traffic here or could take away I don't know. So debate away.8)
Edit: don't get me wrong I like this forum way more then maxconsole but it just hasnt developed enough yet. Just though basically would be a way to get more visitors and maybe members giving us more knowledge.:blushing: Cause knowledge is power :laugh:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well, if you want stuff from MaxConsole, go there, I guess, but if you want the best forum on the internet then go here.:biggrin: That's my thought on the situation. I personally don't go to MaxConsole.

Acerthief

maxconsole is okay, it was the first forums i registered. it bricked my friends psp, downloading a fake, that's why i came here:biggrin: . no offence on MC, but i least if we want to partner ship with other forums, sites, we need to stuff more than just asking "shall we partnership?" We should take some time too to see which forums are good enough to qulaify for partner ship. cause partner ing with lots of unknow/dangerous sites can bring exophase "class" down.
this is just personal opinion 8)

(partner with my forum, lol)

Cheezeball99

Well, see, the problem is that almost no other forum is as trustworthy and as nice as this one- so pretty much any other forum would be 'knocking us down a peg'. Plus, the only thing that we're missing that other forums have is like 150,000 users a day, which I can live without anyway.:p

banner

I think this forum should post some games and such like the other forums and i mean to host them on upload sites, that way youre just indexing the link and everybody is okay.

Roe

Wait do you mean illegal iso games? If so they are as I said a min ago ILLEGAL and we dont support piracy on the forum. And I dont like maxconsole because I asked a question there a MONTH ago and it hasnt been answered yet. I also think that if we were to partner with a site we should partner with... * no-one! Because there is no other forum yet worthy of partenering with us. So unless someone can find one that is I'd say it's a no-go.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
to say that no other forum is worthy to partner with is a bit egotistical...
even though this forum is great,it would be biased for members of this forum to judge it against ALL of the forums on the internet.

Roe

I meant that I don't know of any other forums that are worthy of partenering with us. I also said that if anybody knows one that is they should suggest it

Roe

Thats the same with me. The only other forum I posted on before was psp-programming.com and then i stopped because I tryed to steal credits from someone and I got -karma. Now I have -77 or something karma xD

Cheezeball99

There is no need to partner. We have a great forum right here. If it is not broke, don't try to fix it :wink:

We have a winning idea right here.:smile:

jezuz_amaro

anyone ever been to the pspcrazy forums. i always go there as my second resort then i go to psp-hacks. but of course exophase is my first and my homepage. by the way pspcrazy has downloads of alll kinds for psp, pc, movies etc. you guys should take a look some time i dont think we should join with any other site, but go back and forth every once in a while

Krelian

The only difference...

Thing is there is nothing tangible or worthwhile to gain by "partnering" with another site...
How do you propose partnering should work?
Should the search engine on one forum turn up additional matches from the other? You can already search on most any forum without even registering a user name.
Should you be able to post on the other forum using your name for the other? That creates automatic complications when two different people have the same name on two different forums.
The only way any websites have successfully setup a partnership is when they have completely different content... like an online store partnering with a forum or a news site partnering with some kind of product provider (like customizable shirts).
As far as offering game downloads I think (or hope) Banner is talking about hosting downloads for homebrew games like DCEmu does... but why waste the money on bandwidth hosting them when DCEmu is already doing it and all you have to do to get them is register for free?