• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Idea: Progress Bars for Non-Tracked Games

ApeOfMazor

I imagine that's more or less how it would work, we'd probably set up a thread for achievement ideas and submissions with guidelines for the sorts of achievements we'd want in the manually-tracked sets. I don't think we'd need to do any mass voting or anything, just have staff members approve submissions and if anyone has additional ideas or tweaks for a game they'd be welcome to post them for consideration.

I think we would mostly want achievements for progression type stuff like completing levels, finding collectibles, completing side-quests and in-game challenges and such. Anything that's clearly indicated to you in the game. We'd probably not bother with achievements for multiplayer stuff, super grindy stuff or otherwise "undesirable" achievements, for the most part. That'd be the advantage of refining the lists ourselves, we can cut out what we don't want.

Of course any games that already have internal achievement systems but no actual achievements would be ideal, they could have any kinds of achievements since they're tracked fully within the game already and we could just use that to create a set for the site. Those would be the easiest games to cover. That and games that have achievements on one platform but not another (a lot of PS360 era PC games fall into that category) so we could just copy over the achievements we want from say a 360 game to the achievement-less PC version.

That's the general idea anyway.

Well not sure how much work it would take but if we could just get a forum section up I could probably crack open a game without achievements and make my own list.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Well not sure how much work it would take but if we could just get a forum section up I could probably crack open a game without achievements and make my own list.
Manually-tracked achievements isn't a feature that's been committed to at the moment so I wouldn't want to give people the wrong idea. That said since this thread is related I don't mind if you want to discuss it and post ideas here for the time being and we can see where it goes from there.

I would suggest using something like google docs for the actual achievement lists themselves otherwise it could get pretty messy in here.