• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

If you had to choose your fav game for every year until today which could be ?

Survival Horror

I will start from 1985, you can start from any year that u like and to skip some years if you dont have any fav.
CAUTION! Only one per year.

My personal fav on each year are :

1985:Gun Smoke(Capcom)
1986:Tehkan World Cup(Tehkan)
1987:Shinobi(SEGA)
1988:Ghouls N' Ghosts(Capcom)
1989:Final Fight(Capcom)
1990:Snow Brothers(Toaplan)
1991:Super Mario World(Nintendo)
1992:Super Soccer(Human Entertainment)
1993:NBA Jam(Midway)
1994:Donkey Kong Country(Rare)
1995:Rayman(Ubisoft)
1996:Resident Evil(Capcom)
1997:Oddworld's Abe's Oddysee(Oddworld Inhabitants)
1998:Resident Evil 2(Capcom)
1999:Silent Hill(Konami)
2000:Koudelka(Sacnoth)
2001:Silent Hill 2(Konami)
2002:Resident Evil Remake(Capcom)
2003:Project Zero II:Crimson Butterfly(Tecmo)
2004:Silent Hill 4:The Room(Konami)
2005:Devil May Cry: Dante's Awakening(Capcom)
2006:Shadow Of The Colossus(Team ICO)
2007:God Of War II(SCE Santa Monica Studio)
2008:Dead Space(Visceral Games)
2009:Dragon Age:Origins(BioWare)
2010:Heavy Rain(Quantic Dream)
2011:L.A. Noire(Team Bondi)
2012:The Walking Dead(Telltale Games)
2013:The Last Of Us(Naughty Dog)
2014:The Evil Within(Tango Gameworks)
2015:------

BrakoV25

1984: Paperboy
1985: Yie Ar Jung Fu
1986: Bubble Bobble
1987: Double Dragon
1988: Super Mario Bros 3
1989: Honestly cannot remember anything from this year.
1990: The Secret of Monkey Island
1991: Zelda - A Like to the Past
1992: Mortal Kombat
1993: Super Mario All-Stars
1994: Sensible World of Soccer
1995: Tekken 2
1996: Resident Evil
1997: Grand Theft Auto
1998: Zelda - Ocarina of Time
1999: Grand Theft Auto 2
2000: Hitman - Codename 47
2001: Grand Theft Auto 3
2002: Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
2003: True Crime - Streets of L.A.
2004: Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas
2005: The Warriors
2006: Bully Scholarship Edition
2007: BioShock *Still amazing to this day*
2008: Grand Theft Auto IV
2009: Batman - Arkham Asylum *Another gem thats not been beaten to this day*
2010: Mass Effect 2
2011: Dead Space 2 *One of my all time favourite games ever played*
2012: I was more into herpes during this year than video games
2013: Grand Theft Auto V
2014: Wolfenstein - The New Order
2015: Don't own the next gen consoles, so became at one with the herpes again.

BrakoV25

Yeah they're really fun games.

When I was a kid it was all about the open world carnage you could do even after the story was complete. Now that I'm older than God, its all about the content featured within the main story and not so much about the blowing 70 cars up in a row. I think GTA has done what not many games can achieve, and thats appeal to new gamers but not taking anything away to put the older fans off.

Credit to Rockstar and the publishing team.

Survival Horror

Yeah they're really fun games.

When I was a kid it was all about the open world carnage you could do even after the story was complete. Now that I'm older than God, its all about the content featured within the main story and not so much about the blowing 70 cars up in a row. I think GTA has done what not many games can achieve, and thats appeal to new gamers but not taking anything away to put the older fans off.

Credit to Rockstar and the publishing team.
I respect your opinion. Personally prefer LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar games, especially LA Noire is a masterpiece!

BTW welcome to the site and how old are you ?

BrakoV25

L.A. Noire was decent, but all the effort seemed to go into visuals, leaving a lot of the game play mechanics feeling sloppy.

I agree that Red Dead Redemption is amazing game. I actually rate it higher than GTA due to all the extra stuff you could do for a game set in a limited period compared to whats available in modern day game settings. But Rockstar are probably one of the best developers around, so thats not surprising.

The only reason I rated Mass Effect 2 over it, is because you only let me pick one game for that year lol. Plus. I completed Mass Effect 2 over 20+ times after unlocking all achievements/trophies. It really was a great game.

As for my age. Mid 30's. I never owned my own game system until I was 12, and that was an outdated Spectrum 48K. But my friends all had gaming systems and thats how I played all those when I was a nipper. To be honest though, gaming was just to pass the time for me for many years. It wasn't until the 360 arrived that I truly began to really indulge in gaming. The leap from PS2 gaming to the likes of Oblivion, CoD4, etc. It truly did feel like next gen gaming had come on leaps and bounds. The detail in what games could now accomplish was incredible, and it took over from my previous hobby which was movies.

These days it takes me about 2 days to watch an entire film. Just sitting there watching someone else's story just doesn't appeal to me as much as being in the story myself. Which is what gaming allows.