• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

installing homebrew channel

WickedAngel89

I want to back up and play my Wii games from an external harddrive, and apparently the first thing I need to do is get the Homebrew channel. I'm stuck on that step. I'm following the tutorial and it says I need an SD card to put files from bannerbomb and HackMii on it. I followed the instructions exactly, I tried 2 different SD cards that I formatted, and I tried other versions of the files for bannerbomb that were available. When I access the SD card on my Wii as instructed from the tutorial, nothing pops up asking me if I want to load the file, instead one of the blocks just displays a question mark, and when I click on it, nothing loads and I can't do anything with it. What's up with this? I've ran out of ideas. Please help!

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
what version of the system menu do you have installed? you can find it in the top right-hand corner when you enter the wii options menu if i remember correctly.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
then you will have to get one of them (borrow, rent, or buy). those two exploits are the only way to install the hbc on system menu 4.3. the good news is that once you have the hbc installed, its always there and you wont need the game anymore.