• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Internet Explorer 9 UI shown off

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think it's shaping up pretty nicely. It's about time Microsoft got simplicity right.

ie9-ui.png

via Neowin

Adiuvo

That's what came to my mind as well. There'll probably be a Chrome skin to make it look like this in the next few days.

angelsniper45

Agreed. They sorta boosted the performance with IE8 and now they are doing the UI overhaul. Maybe it will finally be able to compete with the rest of the browsers.

Ive never gotten the point why they dont really treat it as a part of a system and make sure it is absolutely right. I mean, it does come with every single windows computer/laptop.

Chathurga

Chrome really struck a chord with their tabs-on-top approach, with both Firefox and IE mimicking it to a degree.

It's also about time IE got their shit together as a browser, both on the rendering and GUI fronts.

Except Opera did tabs on top first. Please people every god damn time you say someone is copying Chrome, the idea originally came from Opera. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Ive never gotten the point why they dont really treat it as a part of a system and make sure it is absolutely right. I mean, it does come with every single windows computer/laptop.

They had such a huge market share lead they didn't need to improve.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
They know that nobody's going to use it anyway.
The first thing I do when I get a new computer or install a new os is download firefox/chrome, and then download anything else I need through those browsers.

angelsniper45

My point was if they continue to improve it and ship it better, they could have a much larger share of the web and its users.

Personally I use firefox so I could care less, but im just looking from the business perspective.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
first they need to make it standards compliant, i should not have to special mark my css/html code for IE, at least all the other browsers are mostly standard compliant.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
first they need to make it standards compliant, i should not have to special mark my css/html code for IE, at least all the other browsers are mostly standard compliant.

IE8 introduced standards mode. You should not really have to write separate CSS rules for IE today, unless your site must absolutely have IE6 compatibility. Otherwise I leave things broken in IE6 :D Figure it's best to leave older browsers behind otherwise the web will never move forward.

I'm not a fan of IE but at least Microsoft is improving. Still I don't think it will help bring back any Firefox/Chrome converts at this point.

elite

Oldie moldie
I say if the new IE has plugin/extension support, then it would get some good reviews.