• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

internet prob

BlackSheep

some site like mfm google yahoo work great on my internet but others like ign ps blog youtube take hours to load this has started today
and every thing dls fast like normal

explosions

You should look into getting that fixed.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Explosions - that is why he is posting here....

I would try a different DNS server such as Google's DNS Servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Go into your adapter properties for your internet connection - LAN if wired, Wireless if not and change your Primary and Secondary DNS servers for IPv4

EDIT: See the first part of this post: Common Network Problems Solutions [WIP] - M for Mature Forums

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
google DNS server's are the best=-)

BlackSheep, have u tried rebooting your modem/(what ever device connects you to the internet) and see if that fixes it, also try rebooting your router

also, have you tried tracert's to the sites?

Run a check on pingtest.net, just to check nothing's fishy with your line.

Usually using DNS servers like Google's and OpenDNS's usually fix up these kinds of issues. Have you gone back to make sure they still don't work and maybe was on their end?

BlackSheep

google DNS server's are the best=-)

BlackSheep, have u tried rebooting your modem/(what ever device connects you to the internet) and see if that fixes it, also try rebooting your router

also, have you tried tracert's to the sites?
did this
Run a check on pingtest.net, just to check nothing's fishy with your line.

Usually using DNS servers like Google's and OpenDNS's usually fix up these kinds of issues. Have you gone back to make sure they still don't work and maybe was on their end?

site wont oad all the way

this is the same with my ps3

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

just called verizon theyll check in 24 hrs

BlackSheep

some how they turn this against my comp
but how does my ps3 lag too

packets lost 3%
ping 64 ms
jitter 40 ms

tried testing again and i got a error
could not connect to the test server

Riorio99

Try clearing your cache and cookies, then rebooting your computer.

If that doesn't work then try a different browser. This happened with me a while ago, and I managed to get some sites to load in Opera, some in Chrome and others in FF. That's obviously not a long term solution, but it'll tide you over until you get a permanent fix.

BlackSheep

Dude, you can't let them just palm you off like that, be assertive and explain why it cannot be your PC.

Alternatively, switch ISP to where customer service aren't complete assholes.

I DO there always like the line test says that you are getting a good connection of 3 mbps or what ever and then say its not there prob
i just switch to fios i have to wait till next tuesday
If the problem is across multiple computers and platforms then the problem IS NOT you. Make sure they're aware of that. It's a problem with your connection or connection box

I made sure because the wifi is slow i connected the laptop directly to the laptop and same

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I DO there always like the line test says that you are getting a good connection of 3 mbps or what ever and then say its not there prob
i just switch to fios i have to wait till next tuesday

who's your ISP?

Cable companies are jerks. My dad called Time Warner North Carolina through a phone number that had a california area code, and their menu system automatically routed him to california, but then when he finally got a person the bitch said he had to call north carolina, but he had no way of doing so, so she started yelling at him, and my dad flipped out.

Unfortunately it was either that or DSL so he finally found a north carolina area code..but that's beside the point.

If there's a better ISP without dickwad customer service then by add means switch.

BlackSheep

who's your isp?

Cable companies are jerks. My dad called time warner north carolina through a phone number that had a california area code, and their menu system automatically routed him to california, but then when he finally got a person the bitch said he had to call north carolina, but he had no way of doing so, so she started yelling at him, and my dad flipped out.

Unfortunately it was either that or dsl so he finally found a north carolina area code..but that's beside the point.

If there's a better isp without dickwad customer service then by add means switch.

dsl

Adiuvo

It's easy to get customer service to listen to you; threaten to cancel the service and issue a complaint with the BBB once you speak to a manager. They always fold.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
It's easy to get customer service to listen to you; threaten to cancel the service and issue a complaint with the BBB once you speak to a manager. They always fold.

Not true. That's how we got off time warner the first time..their faulty ass connections kept going out (It's an old town..), and we threatened, so they told us to pound sand. So, we went with another one (Where we used to live there was a few), and then this local company bought out time warner, and went door-to-door offering people service. Since we were able to get a fantastic deal on it, we went with it. Low and behold, their connections were faulty, and they ended up spending a few months upgrading all their equipment.

I suggest doing what aduivo said though, and if they don't budge, actually do it.

Also..at least in our area, cable is around the same price as DSL..and a lot faster.

Alternatively, switch ISP to where customer service aren't complete assholes.

Do this. I had the same shitty customer service from my old ISP. Long story short, switched ISPs, everything's much better. My router wouldn't work, called up 15min fix with a real person.

And something is up with your line. DSL should not have any packet loss, or jitter that high. You're going to have problems with anything not TCP, so online gaming and VOIP will be uber-laggy.

BlackSheep

Do this. I had the same shitty customer service from my old ISP. Long story short, switched ISPs, everything's much better. My router wouldn't work, called up 15min fix with a real person.

And something is up with your line. DSL should not have any packet loss, or jitter that high. You're going to have problems with anything not TCP, so online gaming and VOIP will be uber-laggy.
Im tried of being on the phone so im getting fios