• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Introducing Exophase Premium Subscription ($12/year)

Retodon8

I've had an account here for a while now, signed up for a lifetime premium subscription a couple of days ago. This is a nice service on offer here after all. 👍

Quick note:
It took me a few minutes to find where to add a custom background to my gamercard. I clicked the hamburger menu next to my name, picked My Gamercard, fully expecting a new option there. I then picked Edit Details and looked in the Premium section because that seemed to make sense to me. After that I started Ctrl + F5'ing pages because I figured I was seeing cached content. Maybe I'm just not that smart, but only after that I noticed there is a dedicated Backgrounds section. :) Thinking about it now that makes sense, but maybe both places I looked first could have a quick link to the right place?

Feature request:
Would you consider allowing subscribers to have versions of the "anonymous" gamercards from https://gamercards.exophase.com/ with their custom background? Right now you can only create one gamercard when logged in, one card with a custom background, whereas you could create as many anonymous ones as you like. I'd like to also have access to cards showing specific gaming platforms like I do now, but with my custom background.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I've had an account here for a while now, signed up for a lifetime premium subscription a couple of days ago. This is a nice service on offer here after all. 👍

Quick note:
It took me a few minutes to find where to add a custom background to my gamercard. I clicked the hamburger menu next to my name, picked My Gamercard, fully expecting a new option there. I then picked Edit Details and looked in the Premium section because that seemed to make sense to me. After that I started Ctrl + F5'ing pages because I figured I was seeing cached content. Maybe I'm just not that smart, but only after that I noticed there is a dedicated Backgrounds section. :) Thinking about it now that makes sense, but maybe both places I looked first could have a quick link to the right place?

Feature request:
Would you consider allowing subscribers to have versions of the "anonymous" gamercards from https://gamercards.exophase.com/ with their custom background? Right now you can only create one gamercard when logged in, one card with a custom background, whereas you could create as many anonymous ones as you like. I'd like to also have access to cards showing specific gaming platforms like I do now, but with my custom background.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for your support! :) That's a good thought - thinking about it more, when creating gamercards through the My Gamercard prompt maybe we could have a "Save as separate card" option which saves that specific card configuration to your account. Then you would be able to list all the past cards you created on a separate page, with the ability to embed them individually or set as primary. We could add an option for using the custom background on a per card basis too.

And yeah, agreed there should be more ways to access the backgrounds section - it is a bit hidden right now. I'll add a Manage Background button to both of the places you mentioned soon.

Ciceron14

Thanks for your support! :) That's a good thought - thinking about it more, when creating gamercards through the My Gamercard prompt maybe we could have a "Save as separate card" option which saves that specific card configuration to your account. Then you would be able to list all the past cards you created on a separate page, with the ability to embed them individually or set as primary. We could add an option for using the custom background on a per card basis too.
Just curious if this is still something that might happen in the future, by chance?
It would be pretty awesome being able to create 1 card per platform with a custom background for each 🙏

EDIT: Just realized every time I change a Gamercard it gets a new URL, and the background does seem to stay on the previously generated ones even if I change it. So I suppose this might be a way to it? Are the limitations on older cards created this way? (Like, background getting cleared after a while, or only the currently active one updating with new game/achievements)

Last edited:

buthigor

Today we're introducing a Exophase Premium, a completely optional subscription service that will let users support continued development of the site while gaining some perks in the process. Going Premium provides an ad-free browsing experience, faster automatic profile updates, and more! You can sign up by visiting your Account page and clicking the Premium tab there.

Why?
First of all, we've had several users express interest in donating to the site which led to this idea. Also, while we'd like to provide everything for free, running this site takes a pretty significant amount of resources. With the main source of revenue being the ads and usage of ad blockers increasing, offering a subscription option will help ensure sustainability.

Note that we never intend to lock any core features behind the Premium banner. If you don't want to subscribe, that's fine, nothing will change. We will mainly be adding features to Premium that wouldn't be possible otherwise due to resource constraints.

What's the cost?
Premium upgrades are priced at $12/year. The subscription does not renew automatically, but you can add another year via your Account page anytime.

Current features
  • Faster automatic scans - All profiles linked within your account will be given priority and placed in a separate queue. Scans will run approximately every 2-3 hours.
  • Ability to upload custom backgrounds - Set a custom background on your gamercard
  • Unlimited manual profile scans - No limit on manual profile scans
  • No advertisements - Subscribing will completely remove all advertisements on the site.
We will be adding more benefits over time, this is just the current feature list. If you have any questions, feedback, or issues let us know!
@x3sphere make a suggestion that I don't think is very feasible, anyway I'm going to give. In the future include the possibility of subscribing to the premium with currencies other than the US dollar. As a user from Brazil that love to contribute, the conversion is sometimes very high in my local currency.