• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iOS 4.1 Limera1n Jailbreak released.

LocutusEstBorg

Follow the drama on Twitter. But the important thing is the users now have a jailbreak for all devices and forever :)
SHAtter can probably be saved for 5G devices.

I guess he decided to release first since Apple already knows about Limera1n's bootrom exploit.

http://www.limera1n.com/

mootjeuh

Limera1n uses a bootrom exploit? And it works with the latest iPhone? Looks like Apple got pwned again :p
Glad to be able to update now :)

LocutusEstBorg

Apple has known about Limera1n's bootrom exploit for sometime now. Won't been soon before we have a new hardware revision. From what I understand SHAtter cannot be patched without a CPU redesign/stepping of sorts, unlike Limera1n which is a pure bootrom software exploit. When that happens, I wonder if Greenpois0n will be updated with SHAtter instead of the Limera1n exploit, or if they will wait for the 5G. It looks like Limera1n and Greenpois0n are identical as of now, unless I'm missing something.

mootjeuh

unless I'm missing something.
Yeah, greenpois0n's website interface is so much sexier :p No but you're right they're practically the same thing now. But just tried limera1n now and doesn't seem to work on my iPod touch 2G, oh well :/

LocutusEstBorg

All the 1st gen and old bootrom 2nd and 3rd gen devices have been permanently pwned with PwnageTool/RedSn0w. You don't need to wait for new jailbreaks....

Bran

Yell
0.9.5 should not even work with 4.1

Use 0.9.6 with 4.1 on the 2G iPod and you should be straight.

Spiros

Maiki
Is there any downside now that this jailbreak isn't using SHAtter? This is my first time jailbreaking anything as I've never had an iTouch or iPhone until now, so I'm just learning about this stuff now.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The only downside is apple can patch it with a software upgrade, so jailbreaking on 4.1 seems to be the latest you can go until a new exploit is used/found.

SHAtter exploit pwns the devices, but they are waiting for remodels so they can pwn those right off the bat.