• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

iOS Game Center / Nintendo Switch

GrimCrusades

I use Exophase exclusively to track and record all my gaming accomplishments. I like seeing all my gaming related activity in one spot while also sending people to my profile to view. I know Apple doesn't have an api currently to pull data for Game Center achievements. Would there be a way to create an input on our profile detail page where we could manually put the amount of achievements we have and have it display somewhere on our profile? Maybe include a timestamp for last updated? I invest time in iOS achievements and would be awesome feature to have that reflect on my Exophase profile. It wouldn't need any kind of leaderboard or point system just a way to show off publicly as there is no way currently with Apple.

Secondly, I know I have posted this before and hate sounding like a broken record. When I add Nintendo Switch games they go into Non-Tracked section of my profile. When people go to view my profile they see the Xbox and Steam tabs which is user friendly. Unfortunately, explaining to click the drop-down and select non-tracked to find my Switch progress is not user friendly and doesn't give the same merit as the other platforms. Would there be anyway that when someone adds a game to the Nintendo Switch option that is would generate a tab similar to the other platforms and then list the games? Again no leaderboard or points just a more friendly way to show off your Nintendo Switch Accomplishments.

KGBc00L

Just curious to know how you would like to resolve the conflict of having two sets of iOS game stats and Switch game stats when the game stats for these platforms are included in Exophase? I guess deleting all your previously manually added games one by one is not the option you want. (I was thinking adding non-tracked games myself, until I started thinking of this scenario.)

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I use Exophase exclusively to track and record all my gaming accomplishments. I like seeing all my gaming related activity in one spot while also sending people to my profile to view. I know Apple doesn't have an api currently to pull data for Game Center achievements. Would there be a way to create an input on our profile detail page where we could manually put the amount of achievements we have and have it display somewhere on our profile? Maybe include a timestamp for last updated? I invest time in iOS achievements and would be awesome feature to have that reflect on my Exophase profile. It wouldn't need any kind of leaderboard or point system just a way to show off publicly as there is no way currently with Apple.
Funnily enough I posted a thread a while ago with my interpretation of this very idea. It's nice to see other users who'd like the same sort of thing.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Just curious to know how you would like to resolve the conflict of having two sets of iOS game stats and Switch game stats when the game stats for these platforms are included in Exophase? I guess deleting all your previously manually added games one by one is not the option you want. (I was thinking adding non-tracked games myself, until I started thinking of this scenario.)
While it's possible iOS stat tracking might be available in the future if Apple ever decide to make that data available, it's very unlikely we'll ever get anything for Switch so if you want to display your Switch games and play time on your profile I'd recommend you just add it manually. Even if Switch tracking does become available, it wouldn't be that bothersome to scroll through your Non-Tracked list and remove the Switch games.

ziggurism

I've just added Nintendo's Metroid Dread to my profile as a non-tracked game.

I had the idea that on platforms like Nintendo where there is no achievement system, we could come up with a community agreed upon list of achievements for popular games, and then we could tick them off on our untracked game profile page as we complete them. Of course it would be honor system, no way to prove you've done the achievements.

What do you guys think of this idea? For a game like metroid, you'd have achievements for things like: beating the final boss in any amount of time, as well as doing it in medium time, and fast time, for the different endings. Collecting major items morph ball, ice beam, etc. Reaching 100% item collection. Maybe some more obscure challenges?

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I've just added Nintendo's Metroid Dread to my profile as a non-tracked game.

I had the idea that on platforms like Nintendo where there is no achievement system, we could come up with a community agreed upon list of achievements for popular games, and then we could tick them off on our untracked game profile page as we complete them. Of course it would be honor system, no way to prove you've done the achievements.

What do you guys think of this idea? For a game like metroid, you'd have achievements for things like: beating the final boss in any amount of time, as well as doing it in medium time, and fast time, for the different endings. Collecting major items morph ball, ice beam, etc. Reaching 100% item collection. Maybe some more obscure challenges?
Myself and others have brought this sort of idea up on multiple occasions. You should check out this thread started by Xamantu and voice your ideas and opinions there.

I also recently suggested a more simple, individual user-managed feature in this thread that could serve the same purpose.