• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPad

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I had a hunch it would just be a giant iPod Touch, but damn I thought it would have a few advantages besides being bigger.

If this ran OSX I'd be interested in it (coming from someone who generally doesn't like Macs) since you would actually be able to use it as a laptop device, but if all you can do is play doodlejump, I'd look like a idiot swinging this thing around. The only advantage is browsing the web, but for $500 with no Flash support, no multitasking, or ability to use browser of choice you would be better off getting a real tablet.

Adiuvo

The price is horrible, it looks bad, it does the exact same things as an iTouch; why buy it?

Robby

Los Doyers!
He asked why buy it and you responded with dollar signs? So people buy it for money?

Please at least try and contribute posts that make sense.

I think he meant people with money to spend would be the ones to buy it.

Joey

I think it looks pretty cool. I'd much rather surf the web from my couch using that as opposed to my iPhone.

Yeah, but for $500, you could get a cheap laptop, which is more open, has a physical keyboard, and you can, you know, put on your lap, instead of holding it up.

There is literally nothing about this product that intrigues me. Jobs needs to be put out to pasture... He's lost it.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I just went on twitter looking for this. I searched through the trends and I got "iTampon" and "iBleed"

:|

I just stumbled upon this video of the iPad in action.
[YT]lsjU0K8QPhs[/YT]

Apple had this product ready 4 years ago, but I guess it just wasn't the right time to release it

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
This thing seems exactly wrong. no multitasking and no flash make it less useful than a netbook. It's price makes it fail as a practical ereader. It's low specs/ itouch style os make it a poor tablet. Seems like it does several things poorly, and nothing well.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
He asked why buy it and you responded with dollar signs? So people buy it for money?

Please at least try and contribute posts that make sense.

I was referring to the fact that Apple created it for some quick cash, as it is clearly not a product of quality.

Seth

MD Party Room
Does this thing even have a headphone jack?

Whisper

Logic :(
I just stumbled upon this video of the iPad in action.
[YT]lsjU0K8QPhs[/YT]

Apple had this product ready 4 years ago, but I guess it just wasn't the right time to release it
I could see this selling much more then the real thing. The parody had a target audience which is something the iPad seems to lack.