• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPad

OUTL4W

I also have dead space2 for 360 and was wondering if anyone else tried dead space HD for ipad?
[yt]JRWQI6QhumU[/yt]

angelsniper45

OUTL4W

Also a rumor that the next ipad will be minus a home button and the task manager will be a 4 finger gesture pinch.

http://creativebits.org/ios/ipad_2_will_not_have_home_button

[yt]6xj_PIysATI[/yt]

MacRumors reports that iOS 4.3 Beta 2 includes and image, under the sheets, of a few new iPad icons that we haven't seen before. The image is of the iPad homescreen with 3 new apps. Facetime, Camera, and even Photobooth are included in this firmware.

Now this doesn't mean that the iPad 2 will have a rear camera, but it definitely means that it will have a front. You will now be able to cross-Facetime with all the other iDevices including Macs. I don't think Apple would have let the iPad go without a camera for another year.

The article goes on to say that there were filters included in the firmware as well "Thermal Camera, Mirror, X-Ray, Kaleidoscope, Light Tunnel, Squeeze, Twirl and Stretch". These are presumed to be for Photobooth, which should be somewhat similar to what we see with the Mac app.

Well, we did it everyone, the iPad 2 is now officially getting a front facing camera!

Source: FaceTime, Camera and PhotoBooth Icons Confirm Camera in iPad 2 - Mac Rumors

OUTL4W

Has anyone tried everyair allowing you to play Pc, ps3 games and soon 360 games from the ipad.

Im sure some people would be intested in playing World of warcrack on the ipad....except me....which it shows a video in the link.

OUTL4W

If anyone gets an ipad1 for cheap here are a few must have tweaks...
[yt]JMrj12guqPE[/yt]

The vid is a lil jerkey cause of using display recorder for ipad along with the ipad wallpaper I was using. Used ReelDirector to edit.

OUTL4W

With the release of ipad2....accessories for the ipad1 are C H E A P. Has anyone gotten this:
http://www.boxwave.com/products/truewoodipadcase/apple-ipad-true-wood-ipad-case_3779.htm with free shipping within the US.
Just wondering if it's as puuuurdy as it looks and what normal wear & tear issues are happening if any.

Also an fyi...the hdmi adapter for ipad2 will work on ipad1 with a few apps that natively output to tv. But with displayout from cydia...it will output from all apps to tv.

OUTL4W

Game developer using Unreal Engine 3 for upcoming iOS games.

[yt]MGf0oGGGQqQ[/yt]
N.O.V.A. 3 being developed with Unreal Engine 3

Gameloft has confirmed what we already knew down here in the Rumour Mine - it's busy working on four games utilising Epic Games's Unreal Engine 3. But the Paris-based publisher hasn't revealed what those games are.

Word has it that shooter sequel N.O.V.A. 3 is among the four titles built around the engine and will be out later this year.

It's not surprising that a third game in the series is in the works, since the first two instalments did phenomenally well both critically and commercially. However, switching to Unreal Engine 3 is an interesting move. N.O.V.A. 2 looked awfully good last December, so who knows what it'll look like this time around.

No announcement is planned for the game until late in the year, so sit tight.

Via
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=28651

Bran

Yell
I'm still waiting for the low end iPad to get like, sub $300. Everyone I've seen selling it so far is trying for $400, which is complete bullshit for a used iPad. That's the same price as a new one essentially.

OUTL4W

I'm still waiting for the low end iPad to get like, sub $300. Everyone I've seen selling it so far is trying for $400, which is complete bullshit for a used iPad. That's the same price as a new one essentially.

You could give the NotPad2 which looks like the closest competition to the dominance of Apple over the tablet market.

"Affordable", " amazing battery life", "cheapest tablet on the market". Why not give it a go, see if you think it really can compete with the iPad 2?

For a limited time only, you have the chance to win one of five limited edition NotPad 2's, visit the following link to find out more:

http://www.blog.best-mobile-contrac...ions-releases-affordable-notpad-2-tablet.html

Give it a go, I'm sure you won't be disappointed....

OUTL4W

Not sure if anyone has had a chance to play around with this tweak... if not you should give vWallpaper2 for ios4/arm7 beta a try.
Can be found by adding this repo:
http://i.danstaface.net/deb/
it's only in beta stage now but does look promising...

Basically it's live wallpapers 2.0. It has particle effects, magic fingers, icon effects, interactive widgets, "skyrockets", 3D rotating texts, and also allows you to show video on lockscreen. It also will not conflict with the barrel tweak as perpagehtml+ did. You also don't need to respring your device everytime you add/remove a widget.

And if anyone runs across any more widgets please share here. Or know anything of HTML coding could write a few. ;)
Here are multiple widgets that I've found and tweaked.....all freely available. I take no credit in creating them only tweaking to my liking. After unzipping, Place the widget folder in:
Var/mobile/media/vwallpaper2/webviews

By default it looks for Widget.html, widget has to be captialized but you can also direct it to look specifically for the correct html file as well. For the ps3 & 360 widgets just replace my name with yours.

Also add this repo for more vWallies just be sure they say iPad in title:
PizentuDeWind's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com

iPad tweaks ~ Episode2 ~ widgets for ipad
[YT]bLlk9yGEDyM[/Yt]

Attachments

• iStocks.zip
    223.8 KB · Views: 28
  • iFroYo RSS.zip
    13 KB · Views: 29
  • XboxLiveGamertag.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 32
  • TabbedRSS2.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 27
  • RSS_WIDGET.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 28
  • PSNGamertag.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 31
  • PSN.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 28

OUTL4W

Vid of particle editor for vwallpaper2 which can be any png file of your choosing...
[yt]q9iZf1USdZg[/yt]

It may show iPhone but looks much better on iPad...

OUTL4W

e7507c65.jpg

1. Simplescreen - simple date/time widget
2. Twitter feed - don't have a twitter account so I can't test....

Twitter widget setup:
1. Sign into twitter
2. Create a list of everyone you want to show up on the twitter feed.
3. Open the Widget.html file with the text editor of your choice.
4. Replace TWITTER_USER_NAME with your twitter user name
5. Replace TWITTER_LIST_NAME with your twitter list name.
6. Replace TWITTER_FEED_TITLE and TWITTER_SUBJECT_TITLE to the names of your liking.

optional:

by changing the color key (obtainable through google, gimp, or photoshop) you can customize the color combinations.
I did not create these but props to who did....

Attachments

• SimplScreenPPH.zip
    298.9 KB · Views: 33
  • twitter.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 29