• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone 3g or iPhone 3GS

twelve

I'm not dead
Really thinking about getting an iPhone but wondering whether it's worth paying so much extra for the 3GS.

Aside from the Camera, compass and better cpu/ram is there any difference?

Does the 3G have the landscape keyboard now?

I also heard that you can't set your own ringtones on the iphone without buying them from the itunes store, is this correct?

ilyace

twelve

I'm not dead
Ok. That's pretty much confirmed what I was after. I already found out that you can jailbreak 3.0 so I guess I'll get a 3g and save myself some money. Thanks.

Archaemic

3GS is much more powerful, you realize. The compass is also neat, but certainly not worth the extra cash just for that. The power, however...possibly so!

twelve

I'm not dead
3GS is much more powerful, you realize. The compass is also neat, but certainly not worth the extra cash just for that. The power, however...possibly so!
I can't justify spending that much for a 30% increase in power, the extra battery life is nice though. Costs around

James.

User Not Found
Twelve, I saw in another thread that you use logmein.

There;s an app that you should check out for the iphone that lets you use Logmein on it :)

I'm not sure of pricing though

twelve

I'm not dead
Wow, I didn't realize the iPhone was so freaking expensive in the UK...
It's ridiculous, the pound is supposedly getting better again. And most things do appear to be levelling in price again but essentials like Gas (house not car), Electric, Petrol and apple products (yes they're essential) seem permanently expensive.

I ordered a 3G tho just before going to bed last night. Only the 8GB model but cost me

Seth

MD Party Room
Great... Now you can start taking some real camera phone picks.

Seth

MD Party Room
Iphone not a really a smart phone...It a media phone. It may even be a class of its own.

twelve

I'm not dead
I thought you didn't like smartphones? Or maybe I'm just stupid and thinking of somebody else.
I didn't. They're generally huge like my HTC TyTn II. But earlier in the year I decided I wanted a Satnav so started looking at phones with GPS (hence the TyTn II) but they were all huge, but now after having one and loving being able to do so much on it I doubt I'll ever have anything but a smartphone.
Iphone not a really a smart phone...It a media phone. It may even be a class of its own.
iPhone is very definitely a Smart Phone.