• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Iphone 3g Unlock

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
I don't know if anyone noticed but the Iphone dev team released their solution for an iphone 3g soft unlock for new years. You can find the news here on the dev teams blog. Has anyone tried this yet? I havn't cause there is no need to since I am locked onto AT&T for 2 years...

eighty4

I'm going to sell my iPhone for 600, and then pay the 150 ETF. THen hop on my mom's plan and pay half of that bill instead.

Hellcat

Contributor
I don't have a 3G, "only" the original one (and wouldn't wanna trade it for a 3G :p) but IF I had one, I'd have already tested it :D

Sullivan

this should be merged with the iphone/ipod touch discussion thread.

eighty4

It's the same procedure as buying an iPhone from AT&T or Apple, you just say you don't want a plan and pay a higher fee for it.

Joey

It's the same procedure as buying an iPhone from AT&T or Apple, you just say you don't want a plan and pay a higher fee for it.
As far as I know, AT&T wont let you leave the store with out activating...

Do you live in the US?

Seth

MD Party Room
I think Apple still lets you active over Itunes... So if you buy it from the apple store it should work.

Sam3gX

I'm too lazy to update my baseband (Restore 2.2) so I'm not going to unlock it yet. I'm on AT&T anyway. I just want to unlock it just to have it unlocked Lol

Joey

Yes, but if you want the "discount" you need a plan. You have to pay either 600 or 700 for one without a plan.

Well that's just not an option... Nobody is paying $600 for a damn iPhone...

I COULD buy a bentley, but I'm not, because I don't like throwing my money away, you see?

Robby

Los Doyers!
When the iPhone was originally $600 people were buying it.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
Well that's just not an option... Nobody is paying $600 for a damn iPhone...

So... Your still going to end up paying like $920 for the 8gb phone with a 2year contract (thats just including the $30 data plan and not anyminutes. I am on a family plan so all i pay for is the data :tup:)

8 gb Iphone: $200
Data Plan (24 months): $720
------------------------------
total: $920