• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone 3gs baseband help?

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
My friend gave me an iphone 3gs to fix, it won't restore to 4.01 via iTunes in DFU mode (giving me and error of 1013). So i'm assuming he did something to it that fucked up the baseband.

is there a way of erasing the baseband and firmware , starting again from scratch?

all help appreciated!

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i'm assuming you meant it won't restore to 4.1?, DFU recovery should be able to do that, otherwise, no, i don't believe there is a way to erase the baseband

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Yeah I did sorry, Hmmm. It always gets to like 1mm away from being complete on the iphone then chucks a 1013 error :/

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Error 23, 28, 29, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1611: These errors may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article and also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. If the MAC address is missing or the IMEI is the default value (00 499901 064000 0), this can also confirm a hardware issue.

sounds like it could be hardware

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
it's too bad apple doesn't just specify 100% what each individual error is suppose to be, instead of just lumping a bunch together and saying that it "might" be hardware related

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Exactly, it's pretty damn vague. ah well, no love lost. It was just a challenge to myself to see if it could be done..and I can't!

MenaceInc

Staff Member
it's too bad apple doesn't just specify 100% what each individual error is suppose to be, instead of just lumping a bunch together and saying that it "might" be hardware related

A lot of companies do that, Microsoft being a right bastard with 'general' errors.

Best bet would be take it into an Apple store. They usually have a list of what the specific errors mean, more so than what is publicly available on the website

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I used recboot to get it out of the recovery loop it was already in, and ive tried it on a mac too and still get 1013. Although when I was using ZiPhone(I know i shouldnt) i got a USBMUX error.

LocutusEstBorg

If you don't need an unlock then just perform a DFU restore to 4.2.1 with iTunes make sure you have a clean hosts file without any apple entries. It'll update baseband and firmware.