• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone 4S

OUTL4W

AFAIK this is the first YouTube review of the new iPhone 4S, mostly focusing on Siri (including a little fun)...

[yt]Mq-UTP9YU_Q[/yt]

[yt]cP-SSg_zZ1M[/yt]

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been seriously contemplating purchasing one when my contract comes up (although I'd have to wait till Christmas to afford one). Just not a fan of having to have an Apple account and iTunes but I'm in need of an upgrade/change of scenery (from Android)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I'm just over halfway through a 2 year contract anyway so couldn't upgrade and there's absolutely no way I could justify getting the 4s. There's just not any sort of feature that is really a killer feature, especially when compared to the differences between my old iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4. Perhaps I'll get the next update or I'll just stick with my iPhone 4 for a while and stick with sim-only monthly rolling contract.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
ICS is a bit a UI overhaul on newer phones, and it's coming out in about a month.

That's one of the primary reasons I'm not jumping on the iPhone 4S already (ICS almost out and with Verizon rumored to get the Nexus Prime...it's a win/win for me).

Seth

MD Party Room
What ever ICS and Nexus has it pretty much wont have this

Any Car Radio support or any dock support , A need that I finding I need more and more in my life with me haveing a ipod dock in my car and around the house and a portable one I use weekly
Support for my jawbone Icon APP
Apple Remote and Airplay minor ( google tv and there andorid app dont even compair to the iphone and Apple tv support.
Better Battery life
Bluetooth 4.0
A smooth Wireless sync.
Hardware acceleration

The only 2 things that can change this around for android for me to return my iphone is a real QWERTY keyboard and a edge to edge display and maybe a $150 pricetag...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What ever ICS and Nexus has it pretty much wont have this

Any Car Radio support or any dock support , A need that I finding I need more and more in my life with me haveing a ipod dock in my car and around the house and a portable one I use weekly
Support for my jawbone Icon APP
Apple Remote and Airplay minor ( google tv and there andorid app dont even compair to the iphone and Apple tv support.
Better Battery life
Bluetooth 4.0
A smooth Wireless sync.
Hardware acceleration

The only 2 things that can change this around for android for me to return my iphone is a real QWERTY keyboard and a edge to edge display and maybe a $150 pricetag...

Android has hardware acceleration, bluetooth 4.0 is unnecessary and really just a gimmick since hardly any products use it. Battery life depends on the android device. Wireless sync...I've already got my Google Calendar, Mail, Docs, etc. synced wireless with my device. Most of the features you've mentioned are only usable if you have other Apple products (airplay, apple remote, wireless sync only works with apple software, etc.).

I'm reserving judgment until I see the Nexus

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I was going to upgrade to a 4S since Rogers used to have a special promotion that let yearly iPhone customers buy at the new customer price as long as you resign your 3 year contract, but this year they completely jacked up their prices and terms making it actually cheaper to cancel your contract and buy from someone else, or buy it outright unlocked from Apple.

It's like they want to get rid of the iPhone fanbase

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm already sold on the Nexus Prime based on the rumored specs (720p screen!), just hope it hits Verizon.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I need a phone with atleast a 4 inch screen so the iPhone is out of it, plus with 4g becoming popular now and supported, it's a shame it didnt have lte support. I know it supports HSPA+ on ATT but ATT in my area is horrible.

Joey

I need a phone with atleast a 4 inch screen so the iPhone is out of it, plus with 4g becoming popular now and supported, it's a shame it didnt have lte support. I know it supports HSPA+ on ATT but ATT in my area is horrible.

Once again, what good is LTE and 4G if everybody throttles your data at 2-5 GBs?

As for why you NEED a 4 inch phone... That seems like an arbitrary requirement.

RoBz

sucker

are you trying to say that the iphone 4s can support any car radio? :s or that the Neuxs wont have bluetooth? would you not get a bluetooth radio in your car btw?

and for a smooth wireless sync of your music, i recommend iSyncr, very handy. Doubletwist also has an app for it.
Once again, what good is LTE and 4G if everybody throttles your data at 2-5 GBs?

uhh speed maybe? and surely you guys can get bigger data plans?

have you ever owned a phone with a screen bigger than an iphone's? once you go big you can't go back.

Joey

are you trying to say that the iphone 4s can support any car radio? :s or that the Neuxs wont have bluetooth? would you not get a bluetooth radio in your car btw?

and for a smooth wireless sync of your music, i recommend iSyncr, very handy. Doubletwist also has an app for it.
uhh speed maybe? and surely you guys can get bigger data plans?

have you ever owned a phone with a screen bigger than an iphone's? once you go big you can't go back.
In the US, only Sprint has a truly unlimited plan. T-mobile throttles to slower than dial up after 2 GBs, and Verizon I think just straight up cuts off your data after 5 GBs.

As for screen size, I see no issue with the iPhone's screen size. In this case, I prefer quality, and few screens, if any, are as good as the iPhone 4's screen.

Seth

MD Party Room

Most of my friends dont even seem to know there a limit on there phones nor have they reached it. I only reached past 2gb on my epic 4g like 5 times in the past year. The only time I feel that people even go over this limit is when there on Netflix or on a wireless tether. I stream pandora pretty much everywhere I go, I upload about 70 pictures to facebook and do about 400 hours worth of browsing a month and have been teathering a few netflix tv shows to my laptop for the past month. I really dont know what else I can do to reach this limit over 3g
Also isent throttled 4g still faster then 3g? I wondering how much you use your phone atm and what for to be going over this limit.

Android has hardware acceleration, bluetooth 4.0 is unnecessary and really just a gimmick since hardly any products use it. Battery life depends on the android device. Wireless sync...I've already got my Google Calendar, Mail, Docs, etc. synced wireless with my device. Most of the features you've mentioned are only usable if you have other Apple products (airplay, apple remote, wireless sync only works with apple software, etc.).

I'm reserving judgment until I see the Nexus

Last I heard hardware acceleration was only on android 3.0.
There really only one product that need bluetooth 4.0 My PC
With Wireless sync I was talking about Music, Apps, Photos and from what I understand settings.
Your last point is valid however I was just point out while android supports Fling and a Remote for Google tv it still no where near the as fuild or polished at the apple tv combo. wireless sync on android required a app as well, it not like these things are universal lol.

im not really trying to start anything I pumped to seeing ISC and The prime I just wish it support some of these things.

TeamOverload

Waiting for more to arrive today, ended up getting a great price for iPhone 4, so this is a great deal for me :D GOT AT&T to let me have upgrade price early

Seth

MD Party Room
358218_700b.jpg
Cant wait for more of these to pop up

Robby

Los Doyers!

Once again, it's gonna be hard to reach that limit. My friend has a thunderbolt and has yet to hit his 2gb and I have the unlimited data plan and wifi is always on at my house which takes the majority of my usage. It's not like my phone becomes my primary internet browser. I use it for the occasional browsing for info, maps, and youtube and I barely hit 1gb a month on 3g, yeah 4g means faster browsing but it doesn't mean im gonna be browsing more content.
Also, I've been on a 4 inch phone for 2 years now, whenever I hold an iphone or ipod I notice the smaller screen and it bugs me. I like to watch movies and play games so having atleast 4 inches is a requirement.