• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone 4S

MenaceInc

Staff Member
[video=youtube;N-OnZCywaII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N-OnZCywaII[/video]

Apparently it doesn't fully work as it doesn't connect to the Siri servers. Shows though that it is possible on the iPhone 4.

TeamOverload

been working for me fine.

It connects fine on the 4S, he's saying it doesn't connect to Apple's server to transcribe the voice data accurately, as the iPhone 4 hardware isn't supported.

Loving my 4S actually too. Would like to see an option that one can enable to have Siri respond simply by using the name instead of holding the home button. This would make it even better for things such as driving or when doing other things like gaming. Obviously this would put quite a strain on the battery life which is why a toggle for it would make sense, as you could just use it when you wanted.

Also, not sure if Apple has opened up APIs to the developers or not, but the ability to interface with other applications would be phenomenal. Looking up movie showtimes, sports scores, Facebook, etc, would be great. All in all, Apple have another winner on their hands, and I can't wait to head out of my crappy reception home area and outwards, and see the internet speeds. Already faster than my home internet, so that should tell you something :p

Seth

MD Party Room
It connects fine on the 4S, he's saying it doesn't connect to Apple's server to transcribe the voice data accurately, as the iPhone 4 hardware isn't supported.

Loving my 4S actually too. Would like to see an option that one can enable to have Siri respond simply by using the name instead of holding the home button. This would make it even better for things such as driving or when doing other things like gaming. Obviously this would put quite a strain on the battery life which is why a toggle for it would make sense, as you could just use it when you wanted.

Also, not sure if Apple has opened up APIs to the developers or not, but the ability to interface with other applications would be phenomenal. Looking up movie showtimes, sports scores, Facebook, etc, would be great. All in all, Apple have another winner on their hands, and I can't wait to head out of my crappy reception home area and outwards, and see the internet speeds. Already faster than my home internet, so that should tell you something :p

From what I hear movie support is coming. it already tells you the movie theaters near by

LocutusEstBorg

Without a bootrom exploit, or someway to re-flash your current firmware when Apple is not signing it anymore, this phone is useless to all jailbreakers.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I thought iOS 5 had an exploit already?

OUTL4W

OUTL4W

Are you referring to apple is no longer using blobs which allowed you to restore to a previous version? Then yes you are correct...I guess you just need to be careful and don't screw anything up...

LocutusEstBorg

Are you referring to apple is no longer using blobs which allowed you to restore to a previous version? Then yes you are correct...I guess you just need to be careful and don't screw anything up...

There's no problem if there was a bootrom exploit since you could always perform a block level backup & restore.